[Ruby Hack] Pokemon DarkGrey

altariaking

Aspiring Trainer
ogxt5.png

Intro:
Greetings members of PokeBeach! I am Fireworks. I started this hack some time during late Spring last year (although it wasn't posted until Jun 26th), and looking back at it then...it wasn't that good. It was extremely buggy, and the tile combinations were really bad. The maps were pretty poor too. So, around September-October, I quit it and began work on another hack. That one was a lot better,However my lack of motivation and all the limits of hacking that just didn't let the hack turn out how I wanted it to be, I decided to put it on hold, and return to it another time (not as a hack though). I then had no hack to work on. Should I just quit? Well, I had a look through my ROMs folder, and saw this. I liked the idea, and I had improved in all the fields it was previously lacking in. So...why not give it another go? Which is exactly what I'm doing now!

Story:
June 26th 1995 (From the diary of a Rocket scientist):
The DNA replication experiment was a success. With the strand of the legendary Mew's hair, we managed to create life after countless tries. As the Pokemon's eyes opened, it spoke to us. We informed it that it was a Pokemon cloned from Mew to take the role of the most powerful Pokemon in existence. And that is where things began to go wrong. It attacked without mercy, destroying everything in site. Me and my colleagues managed to escape. Except for the man we forced to help us...

June 26th 2011 (From the diary of the protagonist--Grey):
Today is my fifteenth birthday. Mother has told me that I will be obtaining a Pokemon as my present. Kinda ruins the surprise doesn't it? But now I can set of on my journey throughout the Duoso Region. I can travel the Region like I've always wanted. And find the Pokemon that killed my Father when I was a child. Don't worry Father...I won't let you down.

Features:
Travel the Duoso Region.
Battle and Catch 200 different Pokemon from Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova.
Amazing new tiles and sprites.
Day and Night.
Seasons (Possibly).
A variety of fun mini-games and side-quests.
Pokemon will have mugshots when they are spoken to.
Find out and see the rest for yourself :).

Media:
DGSCREENS.png

Credits:
Seiyouh
Trevor
Zein
Kyledove
Wesley FG
Laidjon
ScareX
Alucus
Calis Projects
TB Pro
Chaos Rush
Alistair
Kellly
Worldslayer08
Necrohacker
Ben.
TyranitarDark
Kiseki
Tool makers
GameFreak

Bugs:
So far, none.

Releases:
Watch this space.

I would like to be a beta tester if you need any.. I use VBA which can speed the game up so I doubt it will take loads of time..

Back