TCG Fakes Scarlet & Violet: Final Stand

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
logo fst.png
It's been ten years since the strange phenomena known as the Cheerfultility began spreading throughout the world. First, it affected the Pokémon. Some turned docile; some turned into bloodthirsty killing machines. Eventually, the humans began to fall victim to the Cheerfultility themselves, and it was then that, through intensified efforts, humanity was able to isolate and control the Cheerfultility - for a time. It wasn't eradicated from the wild, but humans could now use it for their own ends. But over the years, humanity has gotten complacent, and now the Cheerfultility is out of control. Pokémon and humans are becoming corrupted all over the world at an alarming rate, and if nothing is done, the corruption will spread to every living thing on the planet.

Wally, once a young trainer from Verdanturf Town and now a hardened veteran in his thirties, is leading the charge against the Cheerfultility. He puts out a message that is broadcast across the world - it's a call to arms.

"My friends - we can no longer sit idle and wait for the Cheerfultility to destroy us. I am calling on everyone, young and old, novice and veteran alike, to help me bring the Cheerfultility back under control. We must all work together. This threat is bigger than any one of us. I'm sure you've all heard what happened to Team Plasma... my heart goes out to their families. Not even they deserved what happened to them, but they paid for their hubris.

"The Cheerfultility is spreading at an alarming rate, and we don't have much time left before total corruption. This is it - humanity's final stand. Will you stand with me?"

How you doing? This is the thread for Scarlet & Violet: Final Stand, the third and final set in my dark vs. light trilogy and ongoing love letter to Neo Destiny, one of the best sets of all time. It also is serving as the base set for SV Lackey. This means that rather than have the first two sets remain in SWSH era, I've compiled all three sets into one SV-era set, which means this set is absolutely titanic - larger than any real-life set and probably all fake ones.

Before we get into the thick of it, massive thanks are in order:

- @aschefield101 for his years of hard work for the community. It was him and his troubles that inspired me to have an excuse to bring these cards into the modern era. Please consider throwing him some bucks if you can afford it - if anyone deserves our support, it's him.
- @Nemes for the base Light and Dark textures - I can have all the blanks in the world but this set wouldn't exist in this era without your help. You've helped me with so many faking things in the past and I definitely appreciate it.
- @Omega for hooking me up with the dope-ass Light and Dark attribute tags and allowing me to steal your Fossil tag. They are just as important to me as anything else required to get this set off the ground. Sorry it took so long for me to get ready for you.
- @Mr. Melon for making me a fossil :) Hopefully it will become the gold standard for fossil usage.
- @Jabberwock and @KnightofDust for all their work on making my Pokemon ex look good. Appreciate you bros, after that Mewtwo-EX I don't think I have it in me to try it again.
- @NinJamezor for being so much of a slut for drawing Supporters that he agreed to do all of them, which in turn allowed me to fill this set with juicy lore and really get people immersed in the set. Thanks for being such a bro.
- @DoubleAACE for the awesome Basic Energy designs. Can't have a base set without these. I intentionally went with a simpler design this time - I know we like to get a little crazy with our Basic Energy, but I held back this time. They really are clean as hell though.

This set might have my name on it, but it literally would not, could not, exist without everyone's help. I appreciate everyone who took the time to add to this set and help make it the greatest set this site has ever seen.

Scarlet & Violet: Final Stand contains:

- 401 new cards, encompassing most cards from both SWSH: Dual Destinies and SWSH: Cheerfultility, with both sets modernized for SV era
- Even more Light and Dark Pokemon
- 18 Pokemon ex (none of that Tera nonsense though - maybe next time)
- 8 powerful ACE SPEC cards - good luck choosing one.
- Artwork from over three dozen new artists. Special shout outs to local heroes NinJamezor, rex, Jabberwock, Steffenka, Diego Brando, and a few others for drawing me artwork specifically for this set.
- Cards and card effects from as many creators in our community as I could get my hands on, some with new artwork

Let's break it down.

dasdfasdfasdf.png
Dark Pokemon have decreased HP compared to normal, and their corruption has affected their Energy costs as well by throwing Darkness Energy in there. To make up for these setbacks, Dark Pokemon are strong. They may be easy to kill, but let them get powered up and you will definitely regret it.

On the other side of that coin, Light Pokemon have increased HP compared to normal. Their corruption has also affected their Energy costs, but instead of mixed color costs, their attacks cost more and do less damage. However, a lot of them have fairly strong healing options and they have enough HP to take hits from Dark Pokemon and respond.

Each faction has attribute-specific Trainer cards of all types that can surely help you turn the tide, no matter which side you choose. Note the flavor text on Trainer cards - Special Energy cards have them, too! It's a neat little thing that I think makes the set 20% cooler.

Aside from the new way Dark and Light Pokemon are handled, there are other minor changes I'm making to how certain cards work.

- The Ball attribute is for Poke Ball cards, and it's mainly to save space on wording.

- The Fossil attribute is for Fossils. It helps with wording too.

282 corrupted fossil.png
Another set, another attempt at making fossils great again.

One of humanity's crowning achievements with the Cheerfultility was using it to essentially reverse the extinction of all the fossil Pokemon. You will notice that all of the Fossil Pokemon in this set evolve from Corrupted Fossil instead of their normal fossil - it's also why this is a standard Item card (and certainly not because Creatures can't get their shit together with the whole "evolves into" thing, or because since this is meant to evolve into literally all Fossils I can't possibly fit them on the card).

Additionally - and this is the big one - it counts as both a Pokemon and Item card, allowing you to search it out like any other Pokemon. This change alone will make Fossils 6000% more viable, but I didn't stop there.

Humanity used the Cheerfultility to mass produce these corrupted fossils, which is how their extinction was reversed. Now you can too! With Replicate, having a Fossil in play to evolve from has never been easier.

But wait! There's more!

I also gave you a Supporter that can cheat your Fossils into play, freeing up the actual Corrupted Fossil to evolve into something else.

As if that weren't enough, all the fossils are really good. Maybe even too good. It's their time to shine - look forward to using them.

Standing up to the Cheerfultility is a worldwide effort. We all need to work together to combat it. By having a card in this set, you have joined the good fight against worldwide corruption. Don't see any of your cards in here? That's okay - by joining our Discord and playing some Lackey games, you can do your part. We won't turn anyone away in this time of crisis. To go even harder with the lore that we need everyone's help to save humanity, the cards in this set have been inspired by as much Pokemon media as I reasonably could - anime, games, side games, even fanfiction - the list goes on. There are over 100 Trainer cards in this set with representation from every generation, from the obvious to obscure. It was a total joy to make and I hope you guys like it.

Each card that I took from the community has been updated to SV-era strength. Some cards have been tweaked, but the inspiration is still present. Here is what I think is a complete list of everyone whose sets I pulled from and the cards which inspired at least some part of some card. If you spot one of your cards and you aren't on this list, just let me know. I didn't leave you out on purpose, I just forgot to add you to the list. My memory is absolute dog water.

@Nyora: Nyora's Fakes (Furret)
@Nyan, @Nyora, Zuty: Lost Wonders (Honedge, Corviknight, Forked Road)
@KnightofDust: Here Comes Venus! (Salamence, Radiant Aegislash), Starry Convergence (Karrablast, Cradily), Decadence of V (Charcadet, Tirtouga, Carracosta, Venus & Rui)
@steffenka: Prismatic Kingdom (Arctozolt), All Star Battles (Aerodactyl), Aquatic Partners (Froakie, Frogadier)
@Faris: All-Star Saga (Greninja)
@Hâlian: Fakers' Marathon 6 (Gardevoir), Passport to Hoenn (Safari Ball)
@Jabberwock: Plasma Revival (Kabuto, Kabutops, Cranidos, Rampardos, Bronzong)
@sandragon13: Vigilia Somnium (Shieldon)
@Nyan: GX Armada (Grimsley's Advance, Ephemeral Feather)
@NinJamezor: EX Fusion Noir (Sturdy Umbrella, Roughneck's Kindness, Sleuth Energy)
@Pone: Frontiers Renewed (Poké Mart)

Just like in real life, there are four prerelease promos for the set, each with alternate art. Why? Because I'm already going this hard and when you go this hard, the only correct solution is to go harder. The prerelease cards are Light Jirachi, Dark Hisuian Zoroark, Sawsbuck, and Eternaluv.
huyyyyyyyy.png

There are six Pokemon who have been corrupted so deeply by the Cheerfultility that they have, for various reasons, evolved into entirely new Pokemon. The six of them are collectively referred to as the Contaminated due to their exposure to high levels of the Cheerfultility. They are genuine evolutions of these Pokemon, leading some to wonder if the Cheerfultility is something to be eradicated at all if it could bring about previously unheard-of evolutions. It has spawned an entire debate about what "natural" Pokemon evolution is (exposing a Pokemon to the Cheerfultility is much the same as exposing a Pokemon to an elemental stone or letting it hold an item when traded) and how humanity's attempts to eradicate it could be akin to shooting ourselves in the foot if it could unlock some Pokemon's true potential, never mind the advancements humanity has already made by utilizing it.

The Contaminated are still considered Dark or Light despite not having the word in their name, and they have all the strengths and weaknesses of other Pokemon with that attribute.

Eternaluv is one of the Contaminated. This is one of @steffenka's existing Pokemon designs, which he graciously let me borrow and corrupt for the purposes of this set.

Pokemon that have been corrupted with the Light side of the Cheerfultility have had a desire twisted. In Eternaluv's case, a Luvdisc that had a strong desire to become the best matchmaker was amplified by the light energy from the Cheerfultility's corruption, becoming this monstrosity. Now its love energy is so powerful that any two souls it links will fall in love, with their victims all but powerless to help themselves. Even humans or Pokemon with lifelong mates cannot resist Eternaluv's spell.

Interested in seeing the rest of the Contaminated? You'll have to check out our Discord to find out more, as I'll be periodically revealing them there (along with more cards) until the set is completed.

Many thanks to both steff and NinJamezor for working with me and giving me a way to put most of these designs to paper, and for allowing me to co-opt some of their own designs for this set.

These cards will be uploaded to sta.sh once the set is done. Once all the Contaminated have been revealed, I'll include the set list here, as those are the only surprises in the set.

Yes.

4xx furret.png
NOPE FULL ARTS LOL

Yeah. They're here too. God help me.

Chronologically, this set's setting is twenty years after the present day. Why twenty years? Because rex's Venus saga takes place ten years after present day, and this set is meant to encompass all of your custom sets. My own set has a time skip of ten years, so it's been twenty years. Things have changed a lot in all that time, and not everyone is as you remember them. Humans have been corrupted by the Cheerfultility. The most obvious change is the corruption marks. You'll see these on the Contaminated, but they also appear on humans too. It can appear anywhere on a person's body, and spreads out from there. The second biggest change is a slowed rate of aging - while everyone is twenty years older, those who have been corrupted only look a decade older at most.

Let's check in on a few people and see how they're doing.
366 erika's determination.png
Erika is the former Gym Leader of Celadon City, having resigned after becoming corrupted. Her corruption appeared on her neck and slowly spread up her neck and face. She is incredibly embarrassed by this, and as a result she has been in hiding for months. After Wally's call to arms, Erika has decided to be brave and fight for everyone's sake.

She wears yellow to make her Light corruption harder to see, but you can still see it peeking out above her mask if you look carefully.
378 misty's wrath.png
Misty still runs the Cerulean City Gym, and unlike Erika, Misty's Dark corruption is extremely advanced, having originated on her back and spread down both of her arms, around her neck, and across one side of her face. Also unlike Erika, Misty has embraced her corruption, as it's given her confidence and helped her keep her youthful figure even as she pushes 40 years old. The advanced corruption has made her a bit insane, but she's always been pretty hot-headed.
356 boss's orders.png
After 20 years, Paulo is now head of the International Police. His time spent as the leader of Team Break has given him unique insight into how villains operate, and some seriously bad dudes have been taken off the street under his watch. He's not a fan of Wally or his methods, though.
391 wally's decision.png
Wally is the protagonist of this set. His stated goal is to bring the Cheerfultility under control, which many people have taken to mean is open season on corrupted humans and Pokemon. This huge uptick in violence has earned him Paulo's ire, and of course, the corrupted humans aren't that fond of him, either. Wally's Gallade was also corrupted, and he keeps it locked up in his office while he stalls, hoping someone will come up with a cure for the corruption.

Wally isn't corrupted - his card is both Dark and Light for mechanical reasons.

There are nearly 40 Supporters in this set, so please look forward to learning more about everyone.

Attachments

• 4xx furret.png
    4xx furret.png
    1 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
1. This expansion is VERY interesting.
2. If you give me permission, I would love to help create cards with you. I love the text on the cards, but no offense, the drawings are ok.
3. 401 cards are a lot to make, but when you do, I’ll definitely get some to play with.

1. This expansion is VERY interesting.
2. If you give me permission, I would love to help create cards with you. I love the text on the cards, but no offense, the drawings are ok.
3. 401 cards are a lot to make, but when you do, I’ll definitely get some to play with.
The drawings are indeed okay. I'm not sure what you're getting at with this.

Most of the cards are done already, so I don't need help in that regard. If you're an artist, there are some cards I do need art for!

There wasn’t anywhere I was getting with my previous post. I really love the idea of this new “expansion” and would love to be able to contribute. I am a relatively new person to be with pokebeach, and I love it so much. If there are ANY cards you need artwork for, please don’t be afraid to contact me. Also, could you tell me where the area is for new different ways to play TCG, that would be helpful.

Back