• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Scizurott (Scizor + Samurott)

Mr.Pokemon

Aspiring Trainer
Ok so I recently got back into pokemon, I used to collect some cards and trade with my friends but recently I've been wanting to get into it competitively. I decided to make a rogue deck and here it is:

Pokemon: 23
3-3 Scizor Prime
3-2-3 Samurott (Ability)
2-2 Zoroark
1 Bouffalant Revenge
4 Tyrogue

T/S/S: 23
2 Judge
3 Plus Power
2 Switch
3 Proffesor Oaks New Theory
1 Interviewers Questions
2 Twins
2 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon Communication

Energy: 15
4 Special Metal
5 Metal
3 DCE
3 Rainbow

Strategy:
Try to get Scizor setup with at least 1-2 special metals and as much metals as possible, with just 1 Special, 2 regular, he will be hitting a strong 100 hopefully by T2 or T3. Samurott works great for ReshiBoar decks. Tyrogue can get free prizes and stall. It should be fairly self explanatory.

Any and all help is appreciated!

RE: Senior: Scizurott (Scizor + Samurott)

I actually run the same deck and it is pretty good but I would make some changes:
-3 Lapras (why is this here?)
-4 Cleffa (this deck needs cheap prizes so tyrogue is great for this)
-3 Skarmory (not as good as it seems and you don't need 7 starters)
-1 Engineers adjustment (not that great drawpower
-2 Pokeball (there really are better searchers)
-1 junk arm (no longer that many trainers)
-7 water (samurott hits fire for weakness anyway so rainbow and DCE are fine)
-2 Team rockets trickery (not that great draw power as they take up supporter slot)
-2 revive (not needed that much)
-1 Rare candy (samurott isnt the only attacker 2 is fine)
-1 Dual ball (it is flippy and 3 collectors is fine)
-27 total

+3 DCE (powers up samurott quickly)
+3 Rainbow (can be used on all your pokemon)
+1 Metal (9 is more consistent than 8)
+1 Bouffalant revenge (a tech against RDL and works well for recovery)
+1 pokemon communication (4 is very nice)
+4 Tyrogue (great baby donker and staller)
+1 Proffesor Oaks new theory (You need loads of hand refreshment in this deck)
+2 Judge (disruption + hand refreshment)
+2-2 Zoroark (I run this in my deck because it can counter almost anything which is great for a rogue deck)
+1 Pluspower (for zoroark)
+21 as you were 6 cards over the limit lol
Hope I helped!

RE: Seniors: Scizurott (Scizor + Samurott)

Ok thanks alot, I havent played in a while and I realized that when rechecking it, lol. And one quick question, what does RDL mean/stand for? Yeah sorry I'm a newb.

RDL=Rayquaza/Deoxys LEGEND from Undaunted.

dmaster out.

After some testing I'm thinkning about adding in some extra energy, thoughts?
But I haven't lost, bt I haven't faced ReshiBoar or ZPS... Going to face those tomorrow

In my testing with a very similar list to the one I gave to you ZPS and reshiboar are very good match ups for this deck. Just completely forget about scizor and use you early collectors and such to set up 2 samurotts and a zoroark as early as possible. If you can get those 2 up you should win comfortably against reshiboar. Against ZPS try and set up you zoroarks early on and then finish the match with scizor and bouffalant. In terms of energy I just run 1 more metal than you so you may want to take out the 2 switch for a metal and rainbow if you are really short. I also run energy exchanger which are great in being able to get the right energy at the right time, so you could also try adding a couple of those. Hope I helped.

It seems a complicated deck to play. Since both of them need the energies of the same type they are to hit more. So in this case you. I recomend you the following things:
-3 DBL
-3 Raibow Energy
+ 6 Water Energy
-4 Tyrogue
+4 Skarmory

I'll be sure to test it out, but atm, it seems to work fine, because I can normally get a metal energy or rainbow energy out on my scizor and at least 1 rainbow on Samurott with a DBC, and with just 2 specail metals and 2 regular metals on a scizor, it will be hitting 130, enough to knock almost anything out and Samurott will do 80 and 160 to most fire types and takes -20 damage, so...

Yeah I find the build without water runs great because your only really using samurott as a main attacker against fire decks where it hits for weakness anyway. You may want to try skarmory though I just find it to be very annoying as stage 2 decks can get set up while I'm stuck with it in the active not attacking. Cleffa is another possiblity but as this is a rogue I love taking cheap, early prizes and cleffas are quite hard to get hold of at the moment.

Okay, and I have never really liked the idea of the babies, the only reason I run tyrogue is for other babies.

As of now, I am 2-0 against ReshiBoar, I'm going to do more testing tomorrow, the only difficult part about reshiboar is if they run zekrom. Any and all advice appreciated

Charizardmx said:
It seems a complicated deck to play. Since both of them need the energies of the same type they are to hit more. So in this case you. I recomend you the following things:
-3 DBL
-3 Raibow Energy
+ 6 Water Energy
-4 Tyrogue
+4 Skarmory

And I find no reason to get rid of rainbow, as it can act as a booster for Scizor and Samurott, if I'm not mistaken. But I will tryout some water energy and skarmory, althugh the main reason I run Samurott is for ReshiBoar and MagneBoar, the two most popular decks as of now.

If they run Zekrom just bring up your zoroark with a DCE and plus power. The reason I run DCE is because reshiboar is a lot quicker than setting up a samurott so I need to be able to attack quickly once it hits the field so I just attach a DCE and a rainbow/metal and hit for 140-160. There is really no need to hit for higher damage than this as you can OHKO emboar and Reshiram. Against other decks where samurott doesn't hit for weakness your main attackers should be zoroark and scizor. In terms of skarmory it works decently unless you're playing ZPS or ReshiBoar. It can be good if you run twins though.

Yeah thats what I've been doing, they also normally run cleffa, so a free prize early on a lot of the time too. If I don't get a zorua or zoroark with my first hand I will normally be able to:
1. PONT
2. Pokemon Communication
3. Pokemon Collector
And get 1 out with a DCE.

Back