Ruling scramble ... gone?

random poll: what's the best special energy (that works on all Pokémon (excluding ex or owner)

• rainbow

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • warp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • cyclone

• heal

• double rainbow

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • multi

• scramble

• boost

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • holon WP/FF/GL

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • react

• Total voters

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
I play porygon 2 uf, and he needs a scramble energy to do 60 and confuse, so my question is, will I be able to play it ever again, because I looked trough the card spoilers of hp and mc, and there wasn't a scramble energy in there, so the last scramble energy was from ex deoxys. The next modified format is em on, so pory2 will be useless?
012.jpg
095.jpg

Jayh... with all due respect, get over Scep EM... no-one plays it. >_>

I hope Scramble will be reintroduced.. I really like Pory, although it's kinda useless.. and my Meganium/Sunflora depends on Scramble a fair bit..

In my honest opinion, both Scramble and that Porygon2 arent good. That Porygon2 depends solely on it and if you dont have Scramble it is practically useless. Scramble is situational and only works in a few decks and when I saw a few I mean like 1 or 2 rogue decks, nothing archtype.

^ pory2 is perfect in my tool deck, he has 2 good attacks, one is a super birch the other is a super confuse ray

I think Scram is great. Nobody expects it, just as they don't expect POW!, or any of the Legendary Ascent birds. It can work well in quite a few decks, but I only generally run it in limited amounts (2 Scram max.). In the right situation, it can have very potent effects. I like attaching it to EX: HL Lanturn or EX: HL Manectric.

^ this thread isn't about scramble itself, it's about that pory2 can't be used anymore. I think 4 special energies in 1 deck is the right amount. I have 4 scrambles, because it has no disadvantages, I only use it to charge my pory2, and usually I just use it as 1 energy, just to activate his effect. The fact that it can provide 3 energies is just an extra for me.
It's gonna break my heart if I can't play my pory2 anymore, poor pory2 :(

cute-mew said:
this thread isn't about scramble itself, it's about that pory2 can't be used anymore
I knew that. But I wanted to give my opinion on Scramble Energy itself, since it is the one that will be gone from Modified soon. I've known that slight deviations in the topic are usually acceptable, in fact, possibly beneficial. If it goes too far though, it is counter-productive.

The reason why I mentioned the limited quantities of Scramble Energy is due to the fact that it can only be attached to an Evolved monster. If you start out the game with all Scramble Energy, there isn't much you can do with them until you get other energy. The only other way to overcome the problem is to increase other unrestricted types of energy in the deck.

As far as Porygon2 goes, I like it's PokéPower and it's first attack that allows you to add cards to your hand. Scramble Trip is a good attack that has the same effect as EX: UF Jolteon's attack. Just like Jolteon, the biggest concern is the low HP. That doesn't matter too much anymore, seeing as how Stage 1 decks are starting to become more useful than Stage 2 decks in many respects, due to the fact that many Stage 2 monsters can already be KOed in 2 attacks anyway, making many of them not worthwhile to use.

Still, Porygon2 won't become unplayable. It just can't use its second attack well, just like how Elekid couldn't use its attack before LPS/HPS was reprinted.

If anyone of you where wondering about what deck I was talking, it's my tool deck, I'm still using it.

I hope scramble will come back in "The Furthest Ends of Offense and Defense", because pory2 is not just useful for his power and 1st attack, but also for his 2nd attack, which makes it a strong attacker. This is the main reason why I use it. He's one of the few non-ex Pokémons who has a powerful attack and a useful poképower

The new modified format next year could be Deoxys-on, I doubt it but it is still possible.

Back