Secretsmeargle's FanArt

Secretsmeargle

Aspiring Trainer
Hiya Peoples.

I thought I'd change this post a bit, instead of creating another thread.

I just wanted to let you know, I think I've gotten out of my "A-B" so you guys might be seeing pics posted here quite frequently (depending on how busy school is when it starts back up =P)

Also, therefore, I dont really need pic descriptions or ideas from you guys anymore. However, still feel free to post here or PM me ideas or even just requests for me to draw certain pokemon, on this thread, I'd love to hear from you; and it's always pleasing to know I'll be drawing something someone actually wants me to draw.

Hope you guys like my drawings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Completed Drawings - Large Version

Porygon - 13th Jan 2005
Flygon - 18th Jan 2005

----------------------------------------------------------------------

~Secretsmeargle

RE: FanArt help

How much detail do you generally put in your drawings? Background? Color? Do you just like to do sketches? Better yet, do you have examples of any of your previous work so we can get an idea of how you draw, and not give you something too complex/not exactly your style?
Just a thought. ;)

Hiyas

I dont mind how much detail you give me. it's more for the sake of the person giving me the idea, so I can give them what they want, as opposed to something they might not like.

I do both sketches, and full background colour drawings, it just depends on what you guys want really. I'd like to sharpen my skills at drawing a variety of styles hopefully, so really, anything goes.(well, not anything, but you know what I mean.)

I dont mind doing complex drawings, but if I find I'm reading a description that doesn't look good in my mind; if I find it too cluttered with pokemon or something; then I might simplify it. I'll PM or post back if I do though.

~Secretsmeargle

Usually when I get a chance to request something, I request Porygon. (Wonder why :rolleyes:)
So, if you could do a more original Ken Sugamori shaped Pory (The drawing is on Sabrina's Porygon) as opposed to the newer one which looks kinda bulky in comparison. I've just always liked the old one much better.
As for background, a somewhat future-esque (not nessesarily futuristic) look. Smooth white colors with some reflection. Basically a place made out of iPod parts. :p Symmetical, couple trees, water maybe...
Just have Porygon as if it's not being observed, like it's on it's own in the area, looking at a relection of itself in water or looking up towards something....And the Porygon itself shouldn't be far-off and small, at least 30-50% of the total size.
If your vision sees fit, you can add more than one and make the size of them smaller overall.

Hard for me to describe a scene, especially when I have little to base it off of, since I have no idea of your style. If it's too much to work with you can do it as you imagine it, or I can modify the idea for you. I don't nessesarily want complete control over this, so go ahead and surpise me if you'd like. And feel free to take your time, I just took advantage over the fact that no one requested anything :D And porygon can be a pain to draw, so let me know if that's an issue.

Thanks.

Hiya

I'll get onto drawing it right away. I try to finish it by tomorrow. No promises though. Porygon shouldn't be tooo hard to draw. Well, I'll wait until I finish drawing it before I say that. lol

~Secretsmeargle

Ps. Do you prefer porygon being Red/lightblue or Pinky/Lightblue?

Sure. I'm in no rush to have it done, of course. Just here do help ya out with your artists block (Which reminds me that I should get to work on mine.. which has been going on for how many years now?)

Pinky/Lightblue. But there is usually a mild hint of red within the pink, so it isn't a very bright pink. And often the 'blue' is a blue/green. Just do whatever you think is best fitting how the rest of it looks.

Again, thanks so much. :D

Hiyas

I finished drawing the pic, and it has come out okay... I guess. I didn't really end up following your background description. I put in the white buildings, and a couple of trees; but when I was part way through, I decided to go with grass, instead of white tiles, and make it look as if it's in a Park or something. It now lacks the futuristic look, but IMO it still turned out okay.

Hope you enjoy it - A Porygon, for Porygon

porygonsmall0ap.jpg

~Secretsmeargle

It's great! Thanks much! Porygon might not be the best pokemon to help one get over an artists block since it requires so many perfect lines, now that I think about it - but it looks like you're doing pretty well right now. Hope this inspires more people to take this opportunity.

And again, thanks. :D

Hiyas

Yea I did, with a bit of help from photoshop. =D

I dont use AIM at the moment sry WPM. PM me if u want to talk, but it shouldn't be too long before I start using AIM. I'll try getting it tonight; a lot of people seem to use it.

~Secretsmeargle

Hiyas

Okay peoples, you can now reach me on AIM: Tomagwyu

To update you guys on what I'm working on; I am currently drawing a picture of flygon. I'll post it when I finish it.

Are there any other requests? I'll need to move onto something else soon, so please feel free to PM, MSN, AIM me, or just post it here. I look forward to hearing from you.

~Secretsmeargle

Hiyas

Finished the picture of Flygon I was working on. Hope you guys enjoy it.

flygonsmall5hj.jpg

I haven't really figured out what to draw next though. I'll update you when I do.

~Secretsmeargle

P.S - The first post will be updated with the Larger Flygon pic, for those who want it.

Back