Shiinotic, Morelull from Paradise Dragona!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Shiinotic and Morelull have been revealed from the Japanese set Paradise Dragona, which releases in Japan on September 13th. We expect most of its cards to become part of our Surging Sparks set in November.
Morelull – Grass – HP60
Basic Pokémon
[C] Attach: 10 damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Shiinotic – Grass – HP110
Stage 1 – Evolves from Morelull
Ability: Relaxing Light
Once during your turn, if this Pokémon is in the Active Spot...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I think this is the first Pokemon with an Ability that just puts your opponent to Sleep - no gimmicks, no conditions, no flips.
This has the potential to be extremely annoying. Basically in any scenario where your opponent is planning to tank an attack and attack right back, you can force them into a flip. This really should've been on a Stage 2, it's very powerful.

I think this is the first Pokemon with an Ability that just puts your opponent to Sleep - no gimmicks, no conditions, no flips.
This has the potential to be extremely annoying. Basically in any scenario where your opponent is planning to tank an attack and attack right back, you can force them into a flip. This really should've been on a Stage 2, it's very powerful.
it's not Lost Thunder mareep has the same condition but it's on a basic

it's not Lost Thunder mareep has the same condition but it's on a basic
Oh yeah, I even played this one too.
Mareep had this weird play pattern, where it was more likely to trigger in the early game, but evolutions made his Ability useless - then in the late game, you usually didn't have a Mareep, as you tried to evolve yourself.

Omg since when he can stretch his fingers like that???

Beautiful cards btw, the art rare is kind of unsettling and I'm totally in for it, since Shiinotic is partially based on aliens.
Glad to see such an underrated pokémon get some love. <3

Lovely art, even if Shiinotic had a single fan, which I doubt I don’t think it’s that unpopular, they still deserve art this pretty

It does have a condition though? It needs to be active

Shiinotic has to be in my top 3 least favourite Pokémon, I refuse to believe it's anyone's favourite
Not my favourite, but I think what you can do out of a mushroom, the design is pretty decent. There's probably at least 300 Pokémon I like less.

It's a cute Pokemon. My husband likes it a lot. Good art and cool ability.

I hope it sees play, but I certainly won't be shocked if it doesn't. It's FAR from overpowered; a Stage 1 is still a pretty significant investment, you have to have it in the Active Spot, AND you have to flip heads for Sleep to actually do anything. I suppose it could be a meme deck with Jynx ex.

Guess I'll be the first to say it... This Shiinotic has the same attack as Rayquaza Star for some reason! Maybe it's an easter egg since this is Paradise Dragona?

Attachments

• 1600.jpg
    1600.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 8
Back