Sleeves

GHJamesGH

Retired Mod
I was wondering what the best kinds of sleeves were and why. I tried some that kept breaking, some thats didn't shuffle well, and some that had a layer of the back pulled off.

The best sleeves in the world are Ultr Pro. visit www.ultrapro.com for the closest retailer near you to get them. They are very cheap to but very good quality. You get 100 for $1.00.:)

The best I've ever tried are the Grey/silver Pokeball Sleeves. They are just so great that you can't believe it.

Generally, the best sleeves are from Japan though.

I currently use ultrapro, but the only problem is that some of their sleeves are somewhat translucent (meaning that you can't play japanese cards in them). But, I used to have some ultrapros that were completely opaque.

The Japanese are geniouses when it comes to sleeves, so I try to get Japanese sleeves when I can, PokeBall sleeves or whatever. Kaga knew of a really nice brand, but I can't seem to remember what they were called. Maybe he'll post it here.

Anyway, when I can't get my hands on the imported stuff I prefer to play with sleeves like Ultra-Pro (although some of their sleeves are better than others) they're decent quality and can withstand quite a bit of abuse. Max Protection and DragonShield are very good brands as well, but are sometimes a bit harder to come by than Ultra-Pro stuff.

masterryanx said:
The Japanese are geniouses when it comes to sleeves, so I try to get Japanese sleeves when I can, PokeBall sleeves or whatever. Kaga knew of a really nice brand, but I can't seem to remember what they were called. Maybe he'll post it here.

Anyway, when I can't get my hands on the imported stuff I prefer to play with sleeves like Ultra-Pro (although some of their sleeves are better than others) they're decent quality and can withstand quite a bit of abuse. Max Protection and DragonShield are very good brands as well, but are sometimes a bit harder to come by than Ultra-Pro stuff.

I think Kaga said they were KMC sleeves or something.

I use:
Dragon Sheild (just like MFJ said).
Darkrai/Leafia & Glacia Pre-release ones.
Ultra Pro (for both Pokémon & YGO).
Cheap (AUD$5.00) one's.
Coming Soon: Sheimi/Shaymin ones (Thanx to Jade.)

I use black Dragon Shields but I plan on buying some white Ultra Pro sleeves soon.

.::n00bmuffin::. said:
Are dragon shield sleeves opaque?
No they're not. They're really thick too which makes it hard to shuffle decently with them. The only reason people use them is the fact that they're really durable.

In other news~ I got my White Ultra Pro sleeves today. They're a lot better than I expected.

Ardoptres said:
The best I've ever tried are the Grey/silver Pokeball Sleeves. They are just so great that you can't believe it.

Generally, the best sleeves are from Japan though.

yeah, they got quality and they're very original.

Back