Pokemon So 2022 will officially make it 20 years since Misty was written off the anime

precita

Aspiring Trainer
I actually found this kinda funny when I realized it, especially for those of us who watched Pokemon since the beginning. Misty left the anime in 2002 in Japan, and that means by next year in 2022, Misty will have officially been gone from the anime as a main character for 20 years. She hasn't been around now for almost two decades besides brief cameos (like she got in the SM anime), but even those are pretty rare.

Now that Ash has had so many companions in the anime, it's kinda surprising when you stop to realize how short-lived Misty's character in the show really was. The anime started in Japan in 1997 and by 2002 she was already leaving, she was only around about 5 years. I still remember how some people tried to make such a big deal out of Misty leaving the anime, and in the end none of it mattered since she really did stay gone permanently for the rest of the series.

It's pretty interesting now millions of kids grew up watching the anime long after she was gone over the last 20 years, and that she's only relevant to like 20% of the fanbase now.

So it's 2022 and we've finally reached the point of 20 years. I remember series with Misty and actually she was my fav character after Pikachu. It's a bit sad that she left. Does anybody know the reason, by the way?

Back