Special “151” Voltorb Promos Awarded to Tournament Staff, Among the Rarest English Cards Ever Printed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Master set collectors… prepare to cry!
Two incredibly rare prints of Voltorb from 151 were awarded to select staff members at NAIC as part of “Voltorb Drills.” The first is a reverse holo; the second is a cosmos reverse holo. Both feature a special “Professor Program” stamp.

Voltorb-Professor-Program-143x200.jpg

Voltorb-151-Professor-Program-Cosmos-143x200.jpg

In 2022, the Professor Program introduced Voltorb Drills as a new staff initiative. At large events like International Championships, a mentor approaches select floor staff to test their tournament knowledge.
For example, a TCG mentor might approach a floor judge and quiz them on what to do if a player makes an irreversible gameplay error. There are mentors for the TCG, video games, Pokemon GO, deck checks...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Collecting cards is so much fun! Not! Hate that TPCi makes these incredible rare and unobtainable cards. 😢

When I saw "Voltorb Drills," my mind immediately jumped to Bomb Drills, and when I saw "Red Ball Drills," my mind immediately jumped to venues needing to take red m&m's out of bowls as a sign that they had read the instructions for the next stunt-fraught event carefully and hadn't created any hazards.

Imagine if they gave them a unique stamped Umreon.
Don’t even JOKE about that. You're playing with fragile hearts here.
If it makes anyone feel better, all cards are printed on 11 x 11 sheets so there's definitely another 109 Cosmo Foil voltorb out there at least.
That’s not entirely true. What about the illustration contest with the pikachu? Only 36 were given out. And with the chien pao from Malaysia (I think I’m wrong about the location) only about 12 (I think) were given out. If there are truly another 109 left, there must be another 84 EXTREMELY rare and expensive illustration rare pikachus.

That’s not entirely true. What about the illustration contest with the pikachu? Only 36 were given out. And with the chien pao from Malaysia (I think I’m wrong about the location) only about 12 (I think) were given out. If there are truly another 109 left, there must be another 84 EXTREMELY rare and expensive illustration rare pikachus.
Just because they printed them doesn't mean they didn't destroy them, also they could have filled the page out with blanks. But I figure this isn't intended to be that exclusive

destroying 84 cards after manufacturing is much cheaper than adjusting the whole production process

My local judge also works for Pokémon and is always a judge at some NAICs…I wonder if she was lucky enough to get a copy. Really cool they give out cards to staff tho.

have they ever done cosmos reverse holo before? seems unusual (but cool!)

Yep. Recently there was a Pikachu, Magikarp, Eevee, and Charmander that came in a Costco collection. Look really awesome.

There’s also, Treecko, Entei, Charizard, and the English reverse holo southern island cards.

Could be more, idk honestly. English southern islands Mew is the goat (cat, whatever)

Yep. Recently there was a Pikachu, Magikarp, Eevee, and Charmander that came in a Costco collection. Look really awesome.

There’s also, Treecko, Entei, Charizard, and the English reverse holo southern island cards.

Could be more, idk honestly. English southern islands Mew is the goat (cat, whatever)
completely forgot about southern islands thank you lmao (despite having the mew & togepi 😂)

Feel bad for the master set collectors, but love that the professors are getting drills, and get the love they put into the game.

Back