SSBB Tournament Brackets are up!

dragonspy900

Put that cookie down, NOW!
I am hosting a tournament due to the current one being disorganized.
All matches must be played using the following rule set:

1. General:
* Three (3) stock.
* Eight (8) minute time limit.
* All items off.
* If time runs out during a match, Sudden Death will never be played. Use the following rules instead:
o If one player has more stock remaining than the other, the victor will be the player with the most stock.
o If the stock count is tied, then the player with the lowest damage percent wins the round.
o If Sudden Death is forced by one player using a "suicide" move (Kirby/Dedede Swallow, Ganondorf Flame Choke, Bowser Bomb, Wario Bite, etc.), then whoever initiated the suicide move wins the game.
o If both the percent and stock are tied at the end of a match, a one (1) stock, two (2) minute match will be played. This match must be played on the same level as the game prior and with the same characters. Whoever wins this 1-stock playoff wins the game.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
2. The first match of a game must be played on a verified Neutral Stage:
* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville
* Yoshi's Island
3. The loser of the first game picks the stage for the second game. Announce your decision in private chat so your opponent knows which stage to pick. If your stage selection does not come up in game, suicide three times and start the match over until you get your chosen stage. Make sure to communicate this with your opponent.
4. The third game, if forced, will be played on a stage chosen by the loser of the second game.
5. When choosing a stage, you may pick any Neutral stage, or any of the counter pick stages listed:
* Battleship Halberd
* Brinstar
* Castle Siege
* Delfino Plaza
* Distant Planet
* Frigate Orpheon
* Jungle Japes (Melee)
* Luigi's Mansion
* Lylat Cruise
* Norfair
* Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Rainbow Cruise
6. New: both players may choose a single "personal ban" stage to be removed from play for the entire set.
* Personal bans must be announced in the chat prior to the first game being played.
* Players may opt not to use their personal ban.
* In the event of a dispute the player with the higher ranking announces their ban first.
7. Any map may be played as long as BOTH players agree to it.
8. You may NOT pick a stage that you have already won on for your counter-pick unless your opponent agrees.
9. After the loser of the previous match chooses a stage to play, the winner has the option of switching characters. He/she must announce the new character if they choose to do so. After the winner has switched (or passed), the loser is also allowed to change characters (this does not need to be announced). This is called advanced slob picks.
* If the winning player fails to announce their change in character exit out of that game immediately.
* The game will still be played on the same stage.
* The winner from the previous is now locked into their character.
* The loser from the previous match may now reselect their character.
* Infinite grabs, jab locks, laser locks, suicides, wall infinites, etc. are not banned. Do not dispute a match that you lost to the above tactics.

This tournament will be double elimination. You will have 1 week to finish your matches. If you would like to join, just fill in and submit this application.

Your screen-name:
Your Brawl name
Your Friend Code:
Your time-zone (GMT):

Competitors:
dragonspy900: 0989-1446-3513
darksoulSP:
42 Chocolate:
Lucario_aura_wielder: 5027-2061-2523
rappermi:
afstandopleren: 3995-7946-9774
Tristan: 0775-1894-8671
-Dialga Master-:
jirachinick: 0473-7487-3222
TheSpiritofZangoose:

There will be a limit of 32 competitors. Sign-ups will end at August 24th.

RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament

This looks great! Good job with the rules! :p

Your screen-name: darksoulSP
Your Brawl name: D.J.
Your Friend Code: hold on...
Your time-zone (GMT): Pacific

Your screen-name: Don't you already know?
Your Brawl name: 42C
Your Friend Code: Have to get it later
Your time-zone (GMT): EST (USA)

your screen-name Lucario_aura_wielder
your brawl name MATTS
your freind code 5027-2061-2523
your time-zone east pacific

Your screen-name: rappermi
Your Brawl name: M.I.
Your Friend Code: it's on the first post in the brawl clan thread, :)
Your time-zone (GMT): pacific, i think that's what it's called, aka california

Your screen-name: afstandopleren
Your Brawl name: Just
FC: 3995-7946-9774
Your time-zone GMT: +01:00 Amsterdam, Brussels etc..

Your screen-name:Tristan
Your Brawl name Trist
Your Friend Code:0775-1894-8671
Your time-zone (GMT):EST

I want to play someone right now so PM me

Your screen-name: -Dialga Master-
Your Brawl name Jake
Your Friend Code: in profile
Your time-zone (GMT): -8

Your screen-name: jirachinick
Your Brawl name: strol
Your Friend Code:0473-7487-3222
Your time-zone (GMT): Pacific

Lucario_aura_wielder said:
how many more people do we need?

At least 7 more to actually start. I will update the first post with the competitors right now.

42 chocolate said:
My code is in the first post of the Brawl Club. ^o^

btw, what stages are allowed?

2. The first match of a game must be played on a verified Neutral Stage:
* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville
* Yoshi's Island
3. The loser of the first game picks the stage for the second game. Announce your decision in private chat so your opponent knows which stage to pick. If your stage selection does not come up in game, suicide three times and start the match over until you get your chosen stage. Make sure to communicate this with your opponent.
4. The third game, if forced, will be played on a stage chosen by the loser of the second game.
5. When choosing a stage, you may pick any Neutral stage, or any of the counter pick stages listed:
* Battleship Halberd
* Brinstar
* Castle Siege
* Delfino Plaza
* Distant Planet
* Frigate Orpheon
* Jungle Japes (Melee)
* Luigi's Mansion
* Lylat Cruise
* Norfair
* Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Rainbow Cruise
6. New: both players may choose a single "personal ban" stage to be removed from play for the entire set.
* Personal bans must be announced in the chat prior to the first game being played.
* Players may opt not to use their personal ban.
* In the event of a dispute the player with the higher ranking announces their ban first.
7. Any map may be played as long as BOTH players agree to it.
8. You may NOT pick a stage that you have already won on for your counter-pick unless your opponent agrees.

Your screen-name: TheSpiritofZangoose
Your Brawl name: Jake Ima -Dialga Master-'s brother
Your Friend Code: same as DM's
Your time-zone (GMT): -8

42 chocolate said:
So this means we can play on any stage?

As long as your opponent agrees to play on that stage. If your opponent doesn't, you cannot play on it.

RE: SSBB Tournament Needs 6 more people!

This thing is starting to bleed slowly till it's dead. How about we start with the people we have now? But maybe it's an idea to invite some peeps from Pokegym to join.

afstandopleren said:
This thing is starting to bleed slowly till it's dead. How about we start with the people we have now? But maybe it's an idea to invite some peeps from Pokegym to join.

Yeah, I was thinking of just starting the tournament now. I'll try to invite some people from Pokegym, but I'll most likely make the bracket by tomorrow.
Thank you for the idea.

Here are the brackets:
2d1nv2f.gif

You will have until August 24th, 12:00 AM EST to finish your matches. Once you finish your matches, PM me the results.

Back