Ruling Stadium: Time-Space Tear

Wiseman.

Gengar will banish you to the Lost Zone.
Translation:

Time-Space Tear
Stadium

Each player can Evolve his or her Pokemon on the turn that it comes into play. (A Pokemon that Evolved on this turn can also be Evolved.)

You can put a Stadium into play next to your Active Pokemon once during your turn. If a Stadium with a different name is put into play, discard this card.

My question

Alright. A pretty good card I would have to say...but moving on. It says "(A Pokemon that Evolved on this turn can also be Evolved.)" So does this mean that I can evolve from say chimchar to monferno to infernape all on the first turn? And if so how about infernape X, would he come into play? All help is needed, thanks!

And we are supposed to know, how?
These cards aren't even out yet, give it time man.

My guess is though that since Levelling Up isn't evolving, this stadium has no effect on it. However, it does seem possible to insta-evolve from basic to stage 1 to stage 2. SEEM, can't be 100% sure.

No. It says if you evolved this turn BEFORE you placed the stadium, then you can evolve again. However, if you evolved AFTER the stadium is placed, you cannot do so again.

I know, it's another one of those "loophole" trainers.

Sonic Gal said:
No. It says if you evolved this turn BEFORE you placed the stadium, then you can evolve again. However, if you evolved AFTER the stadium is placed, you cannot do so again.

I know, it's another one of those "loophole" trainers.
Where does it say that? In fact, the wording on the card completely contradicts what you said. The parentheses just give cards that evoed before the stadium was dropped the ability to take advantage of it. Ruling: Yes you can evo as many times as you want, without restriction.

Papi/Manny. It's common sense. It doesn't contradict what I said. Please read again. It's a loophole trainer (like many others).

I suppose you could evolve more than one time, but you might be told off if you try it.

I think that you can evolve as many times as you can: you play Chimchar (it comes into play), you evolve Monferno (it comes into play as it is a different card and Pokémon), you evolve Infernape.

I actually have to agree with Papi on this one. Shocking, I know.

Pokemon typically has no concept of timing. The stadium removes all the restrictions on evolving. It just says you can evolve something that evolved on that turn. It doesn't matter if you evolved before or after the stadium comes into play

So be it then. Wow, this card is going to defeat the purpose of Rare Candies and Breeders. O.O

No, not really.

It means that your opponent can use it as well, so they can benefit from it as well.

So let me get this clearly: According to the translation of the card, if you lay down a basic, can you immediately evolve it to a Stage 2?

I'm happy... finally a card that evolve in the same turn a "evoled" basic pokemon (read Pikachu, Electabuzz, Magmar, etc.).

And... I agree with papi and kaga...

zyflair said:
So let me get this clearly: According to the translation of the card, if you lay down a basic, can you immediately evolve it to a Stage 2?

I don't think you can skip stage like that with this stadium so rare candy still better in stage 2 deck.(you mean from basic to stage 2, right?)

I think this stadium much better for fast stage 1-2 pokemon that have cheap attack cost so they can use their attack immediately after they evolved like kingdra.

I wouldn't celebrate yet... If you look at some of the Japeneze translations, I've actually found that the ones on Pokebeach are different then the ones that come out.

And no, I don't just mean the whole 'God Blase/Supreme Blast' thing.

Oh obviously. We can't make any rulings official until the card comes out/all possible erratas are done. But if the wording is correct, then we know how the card will be played.

Back