Ruling Stormfront Infernape Question

Frank-o-phone

Firestarter
the poke power on this card leaves me questioning and i'm not sure what to do.

Poke Power- once during your turn( before you attack), when you play infernape from your hand to evolve 1 of your pokemon, flip a coin. if heads, search your deck for up to 4 (fire) energy cards and attach them to your pokemon in any way you like, shuffle the deck afterward.

now my problem is that it says "when you play infernape", does that mean just THIS particular infernape or whenever i play an infernape from my hand and evolve, in other words could i use the poke power and try to get 4 energies whenever this infernape is in play and i evolve another chimchar or monferno ? or is it really only THIS particular infernape that lets me use this effect meaning i can only use it once unless i have another of the same.

When a card is referring to itself, as is the case with Infernape SF, it means that whenever you play THAT PARTICULAR Infernape. So, no. The Power is only activated when you play SF Infernape from your hand to evolve a Pokemon.

In any Self-Referencing Attack, Poke-Power, etc. like this, you can replace the name of the pokemon (Infernape) with "this Pokemon" and it will still mean the same thing. In other words, it only refers to that specific Infernape.

EDIT: ninja'd

Back