Sunday, 4/6, Darkrai Premium Box, Majestic Dawn Prerelease Promo Mothim

RE: Sunday, 4/6, Darkrai Premium Box

The box looks very cool. It's cool that we a finally getting another jumbo card. Jumbo cards are so cool, and they look great. The promo Darkrai (normal) looks very cool as well. Not very good, but does that matter? It's definitely value for money if you ask me. As soon as it comes out over here, I'm probably going to buy it.
The only thing I don't like the look of is the fact the box contains 1 CG and 1 DF pack in the one you have on the main page. Are they just trying to get rid of excess stock or something?
Oh, and the "larger image effect" is very cool.

$20? Heck, as long as that means they're £10 over here, that's an absolute bargain if I can find one with Inferno Zone or Royal Frost, or any of the Great Encounters decks.

Speaking of which, does the random theme deck contain all decks up to SW or GE? Or even MD (wishful thinking)? :p

The box looks nice but I do agree with Jiggly13 about the booster pack. Getting EX-series pack now is bad. As for the Darkrai, it's good. It's Enigma Berry can be useful against Fighting especially Gallade but the Gallade player would probably OHKO it. The attacks are not outstanding. It's 2nd attack's effect is nice but needs at least 3 pokemon in the discard pile & also needs 3 Metal to attack!! 0.o At least the Darkrai from GE with the Reach Over attack is better than this... :D

What's up with the random booster packs, anyway? The boxset does look pretty nifty, but as has been said before-- EX series? Aren't they going to go pretty much extinct in the Modified format soon?

The jumbo card is a nice touch, too. I still have a jumbo base Pikachu I got from an issue of Wizards' Duelist magazine years ago.

EX cards aside, I can't not be excited about this. :D

Isn't that darkrai the same one that's supposed to be in majestic dawn?

I think so JRT, but I'm not certain. A jumbo card will never appear in a set, so this is really exciting. Too bad about the booster packs though. It won't come out for a month though. ;(

dmaster out.

The Darkrai box looks cool, and I can't wait to get it. This will be my first jumbo card, so that just makes me want it more. Too bad the boosters are ex-series. With my luck I'll get an ex card just to have it rotated a few months later.

~DogMaster40

Gotta have it, that's for sure.

Does this also mean that the Darkrai in Majestic Dawn isn't the movie promo one as I thought? I can't seem to think of any other Darkrai promos out there that might be the MD one.

Holo huh? Well I've actually seen top loaders that will fit so I'm not worried.

JUMBO! YESSSSS! And look at that Mothim! I'd keep him benched, putting him active is asking for trouble since 'Ape/Maggy would OHKO it, and lots of other modified-format cards would too. Best to keep it benched, could work as an alternative to techs, doesn't cover Weakness though. I was a bit annoyed when there were EX boosters in the SW blisters, but now they're doing it again? Heck, what are they DOING? All these nearly out of format boosters flying about... Do they think we all play Unlimited or something? The Bronzong's not too good, the first attack is decent but the second atytack and PokéBody are a bit broken. As for the Darkrai, it's really for collectors. That's all I've got to say 'bout these.

Yeah, what is this?EX CRYSTAL GUARDIANS? WTH?These jumbo cards are crap, they should just give super rare holos or something, whats the point of a massive card?But in general I like it.You get a DP secret wonders starter box, 2 ex boosters (they are probably trying to get rid of some large stock they had left over!) A cool normal Darkrai promo, good attack, good look, and you get some wierd but super collectors jumbo card for $18.I was going to save up to get DS, but I might spend half of what I already have on this if and when it is released.

I like jumbo cards. They're really old skool, and they look awesome if you stick them in your room or something.

SH, just because they are pictured on the product doesn't mean they are going to be the actual thing.

Jumbos are not dumb. We have not been able to get one easily in a very long time, so this card will be in demand.

Giving a Super holo would be a terrible idea, especially if it's something like TSD.

Anyway, $18 sounds like a fairly good price. The boosters and deck alone add up to $20.

shaymingiratina8717 said:
Jumbos are not dumb. We have not been able to get one easily in a very long time, so this card will be in demand.

You're right! Jumbos FTW! I also agree about the super rare holos, it wouldn't be super rare if you could buy it like that.

Back