Battle Frontier Master
Invite only =O

There goes my visiting plan...

Can you get me an invite?

Lol... Good for Jason :D

And... interesting names for those card links :p

survivor

Working on FFS Deck
I like the idea of invites-only for Nationals. This will make more people go to events like Regionals, Gyms and States.

masterryanx

N
Invite only huh? That's different.

And ya I heard Jason's friends when he won they were loud. "Give him his trophy!! Give him his trophy!!" -__-;

GODZILLA

Team Twilight 4eva \m/
This is bitter sweet in my opinion. Knowing that you were good enough to nab an invite to an all inclusive event is... AWESOME!! But now not having a Grinder and having to get an invite to Nationals (which makes a lot of sence because it's Nationals and it's the best playing). But Pokemon is suppost to be for everybody anddoing it this way makesit seem elitest.

Reaper

Gangsta Grillz
Congrats for Jason :) And the whole posting worlds winners deck is....Just creating more archtypes and more lazy archtype players who netdeck.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The card are awesome. I posted in saturday's thread but the link on the front page is not linked to sunday's news so here is today's and the other post for today is on saturday's thread as an EDIT.:)

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
RE:  Sunday, 8/20, Worlds

Reaper said:
Can anyone refresh me when rotations take effect? It's after all of worlds right?
DX-on goes into effect September 1, 2006.

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
-_- I heard a rumor that worlds within 2 years will be held in Paris, I doubt that, but I'd love it

anyways, worlds is 99% luck based, I think everyone plays a decent deck, so the one with the best start/cards wins the one round, then, in the top32, it's even more luck-based, say you challenge the champ in round 1, you loose, but you could have beaten all the other players, you could have been 2, but you're 25, get my point?

anyways, there where a lot of PB members at worlds (I met 6, that's 7 if you add me), and... I was the only one participating in the main event :D

oh, and there's a mew in POP4, a dream has come true

OMG, I shook WPM's hand, I'm never washing it... *washes hands* d'oh

Abhorsen

Offically retired
cute-mew said:
anyways, worlds is 99% luck based
Yes that is true. Worlds shows little to no skill level at all. It's simply who is the luckiest and Jeremy Maron was very lucky to make it to top 4 again. I'm kinda annoyed that archetypes won since it proves the game at this stage was quite boring and unoriginal which it is atm. Hopefully the D/P generation will bring all new exciting combos and strategies, and less dependence on archetypes to win.

I REALLY do hope that Worlds 07 is invite only, and Hawaii makes it even better for this. To tell the truth, this is WORLDS, NOT America and friends. Invite only will stop the people from scrambling for a chance to win in grinders and Hawaii's remote location will also stop people from going since not everyone has lots of cash for plane trips just to play cards in the chance that they will get a crap rank. I fully support Invite only since it simply shows that only the skillful can compete at Worlds and will also reduce the heavy influence of America in the tournament when it is an International event.

Porygon

Strange Polygon Thing
cute-mew said:
anyways, there where a lot of PB members at worlds (I met 6, that's 7 if you add me), and... I was the only one participating in the main event :D
Gust_Of_Wind was also in the main event, so you weren't the only one. (Ironically he lives about a five minute drive away from worlds, and got a hotel room anyway.)

Oh, and I saw masterryanx shortly before leaving, on top of everyone else I got to meet.

cute-mew said:
OMG, I shook WPM's hand, I'm never washing it... *washes hands* d'oh
It was all thanks to me - forcing you over to him. And forcing him to shake your hand. Nobody can get anything done on their own these days, can they? ;p

Weedler

International Superstar
I think we would have seen many more rouges this year at Worlds if it wasn't for the advent of LBS.

The common theme in deck-building over the last few months has been 'if it doesn't beat LBS don't play it'. I've seen and tested many cool rouges with friends, but they were moot because they lost to LBS.

Considering the majority of players at worlds are skillful, I'd say that the winner is largely determined by pairings and the player's decklist.