Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Blech, I hate Diddy. He's annoying to play against (the bananas ;-;) and I've never found him much fun to play.

I wouldn't have minded Ralph from the movie "Wreck-It Ralph" to make a Super Smash Bros. debut especially since his creation was inspired by the original Donkey Kong that we know today as Cranky Kong. Alex Kidd would've also been a nice addition to the Smash Bros. roster as well.

Card Slinger J said:
I wouldn't have minded Ralph from the movie "Wreck-It Ralph" to make a Super Smash Bros. debut especially since his creation was inspired by the original Donkey Kong that we know today as Cranky Kong. Alex Kidd would've also been a nice addition to the Smash Bros. roster as well.
Those are... interesting suggestions... especially considering both have a 0% chance of ever getting into Smash.

Blah said:
Blech, I hate Diddy. He's annoying to play against (the bananas ;-;) and I've never found him much fun to play.

Oh don't be salty. I don't main Diddy but you have to admit - he adds a new dimension to play with his unique playstyle. I don't like going up against him either but he's actually kind of fun to troll with. Glad he's in the new SSB.

Just confirm Mewtwo.

And Dr. Mario.

Please.

J.D. said:
I know he's a veteran, but still, I'd assume someone would have brought it up by now!

He's not a vet, as the veterans have been around since the first SSB game. I don't like how they make characters which have only been in one SSB game seem like they've been in SSB since the dawn of time.

Serperior said:
Just confirm Mewtwo.

And Dr. Mario.

Please.
Mewtwo yes... Dr. Mario? I wouldn't count on him... except maybe as a costume, and there's no guarantee that'll happen.

Blob55 said:
J.D. said:
I know he's a veteran, but still, I'd assume someone would have brought it up by now!

He's not a vet, as the veterans have been around since the first SSB game. I don't like how they make characters which have only been in one SSB game seem like they've been in SSB since the dawn of time.
I fail to see how that makes sense... actually, I fail to see how this whole thing makes sense. What does that make Melee characters exactly? And what should they call characters returning from Brawl? This whole thing sounds very silly actually... it's just a word indicating experience, which characters from Brawl (and Melee) have... I don't see how that implies they've been around forever, or even why that matters...

I don't think Dr. Mario will get in either...but hey. Wishful thinking. :)

I don't like using the word "veteran" because Smash games have been spread out over many years of play. Heck, Pichu, Roy, etc. are technically twelve years old. How could we consider them not veterans? I like using the term "original" because the twelve we started with are the "original" Smash Brothers and have recurred throughout the series.

Serperior said:

I don't like using the word "veteran" because Smash games have been spread out over many years of play. Heck, Pichu, Roy, etc. are technically twelve years old. How could we consider them not veterans? I like using the term "original" because the twelve we started with are the "original" Smash Brothers and have recurred throughout the series.

You've gone and made a teen feel old. Good for you. I kid, I kid.

I always call the characters, "Originals," "Returning," and, "New."

Speaking of new, I was organizing my games a few nights back and I noticed the back of Brawl's case talks about Snake and Sonic joining the Brawl. But then they lock the characters. What's up with that? =P

...I actually wouldn't be surprised at all to see Dr. Luigi. It would make perfect sense; Dr. Luigi comes from a current game but would still please fans who liked Dr. Mario.

SotS said:
Serperior said:

You've gone and made a teen feel old. Good for you. I kid, I kid.

I always call the characters, "Originals," "Returning," and, "New."

Speaking of new, I was organizing my games a few nights back and I noticed the back of Brawl's case talks about Snake and Sonic joining the Brawl. But then they lock the characters. What's up with that? =P
Sonic and Snake are 'guest' characters... we know they're in, but you still got to work for them because they don't belong to Nintendo.

And what's the point of calling one set 'originals' and the rest 'returning'? ...all characters from previous Smash games are returning; just seems like a pointless glorification of the characters from the first Smash...

Oh god. Don't be like Genwunners. Technically, non-"New" characters are "Returning", no matter how you put it. You can call them "Original" for nostalgia's sake, but there's no real point in it.

J.D. said:
Sonic and Snake are 'guest' characters... we know they're in, but you still got to work for them because they don't belong to Nintendo.

And what's the point of calling one set 'originals' and the rest 'returning'? ...all characters from previous Smash games are returning; just seems like a pointless glorification of the characters from the first Smash...

That's nice and all, but I wasn't trying to start a petty argument over wording. I just find it funny that two characters so big that they were on the back of the game's case along with a nice bit of text space required unlocking. It'd be like if the Generation 7 Pokemon games came out, and on the back said something like, "Choose any starter -- New or old!" but then you had to go through the whole game to unlock them.

As for how I choose to say things... Does it really matter? You seem to be getting yourself rustled up over nothing; you and Scorched Feathers both (ehehe, rustled up, feathers, get i- yeah okay). The point is that, as I said in my post, "I always call." Or in other words, it's just what I've always said. Perhaps I should have said I've instead of I just to show it's nothing more than how I've said it throughout the years.

Momaster12 said:
Watch they put in Dr. Luigi instead of Dr. Mario. I'd be so butthurt.

I'd laugh so hard. That'd be hilarious! Plus, Dr. Mario is one of my favorite Melee characters, so I wouldn't mind it. :) Better than another Fox clone, I'd think.

Interesting idea for the B projectile would be to be able to switch between normal and L-shaped pills. Each would have a different kind of bounce/trajectory, transforming the Dr. character from a clone to a more ranged type of character.

^ Just like in Project M how taunting can switch Samus's Charge Beam...yeah. That'd be pretty neat.

SotS said:
J.D. said:

That's nice and all, but I wasn't trying to start a petty argument over wording. I just find it funny that two characters so big that they were on the back of the game's case along with a nice bit of text space required unlocking. It'd be like if the Generation 7 Pokemon games came out, and on the back said something like, "Choose any starter -- New or old!" but then you had to go through the whole game to unlock them.
There's a key difference there, in that Third Party owned characters in a Nintendo owned Smash game aren't the same as Nintendo owned Pokemon in a Nintendo owned Pokemon game...

Part of including Third Party characters is advertising their addition and letting people know about it, yet at the same as they are not Nintendo owned characters they are treated as 'bonus' characters and thus treated as a reward for players, and as a reward they must first be obtained.

SotS said:
As for how I choose to say things... Does it really matter? You seem to be getting yourself rustled up over nothing; you and Scorched Feathers both (ehehe, rustled up, feathers, get i- yeah okay). The point is that, as I said in my post, "I always call." Or in other words, it's just what I've always said. Perhaps I should have said I've instead of I just to show it's nothing more than how I've said it throughout the years.
No it doesn't matter what you say, and no I'm not getting rustled up... I'm just trying to understand your logic which, frankly, I find totally illogical. There's no real point in dividing up the original characters from the rest of the veterans... as Scorched Feathers said, it kind of sounds like Genwunner logic... not that it all matters; this started because Blob55 said he didn't like how they grouped Smash64 characters with later returning characters into the 'veteran' group, which is itself a totally irrelevant topic of debate, since A) it's the definition Sakurai uses and it's not about to change and B) all returning characters from previous Smash games classify as veterans of Smash Brothers.

Also... Waluigi is an Assist Trophy again... weep Waluigi fans... everyone else celebrate!

Dedenne will appear in Super Smash Bros.!! My guess is that it will more than likely appear from a Pokéball.
dedenne.jpg

A new arena, exclusive to the 3DS version, will take place atop Lumious Cities Prism Tower!
If there's an arena that's based on a location from Pokémon X&Y, mega evolutions have to debut in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS!! fingers crossed
lumiosecity.jpg

Back