Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Several new cards have just been revealed from Paradigm Trigger. The set releases in Japan on October 21st. Many of its cards will be used to create our Silver Tempest set in November. Thanks goes to JustInBasil and Toine L. for the translations!
Some of the Pokemon have additional effects when you haven’t used a Supporter card. This is seemingly because this is an “ancient” set before such “modern” cards existed.
Virizion – Grass – HP110
Basic Pokemon
[C] Four As One: 20+ damage. If you have Cobalion, Terrakion, and Keldeo on your Bench, this attack does 70 more damage.
[G][C] Leaf Drain: 50 damage. Heal 20 damage...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Stunfisk - snipe 100, but Jolteon VMAX does the better job for potentially 1 energy. Oh well. 3
Stonjourner - just a cheap shot of KOing Vs, nothing special. Even worse in a deck where you cant play supporters or you cant run supporters. I hope there's a better way to do that. 3
Baltoy/Claydol - F decks desperately needs a decent energy acceleration, but when we have one, it's pretty complicated. Claydol is one if them. Thinking this card and other cards, then compare it to the CEC Golurk deck that uses 2 to 0 Supporter cards. We have to look back the Item cards they've use and compare it to the ones we have now... They're nowhere near as the same. So what? We have to use bunch of Pokemon Catchers for Gusting? Cross-Switchers? Battle VIP Pass and bunch of Poke Balls for energy search? I'm interesting to see how will it end up. 3/4
Keldeo/Virizion/Terrakion/Cobalion - Cobalion can be a 1-of tech in a deck against someone running Drapion or Moltres or a D deck. Virizion, fine, 120 for 1 is alright. Terrakion, just no. Keldeo, seems doubtful imo. 4/3-4/3/3

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
virizion and keldeo pretty good att and not too hard to get 4 basics out
other cards with the no supporter in discard not very good, very limited window of game where most decks wont have a supporter in discard and the attacks take 3 energy and ability is on a stage 1.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Ah, yes. Trekking Shoes will see play in this Claydol deck.

List of Items from D block to F block:

Attachments

• en_US-SWSH10-215-trekking_shoes.jpg
    en_US-SWSH10-215-trekking_shoes.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 15

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
That Stonjourner is cute. Never thought I'd say that lol.

Nice to see the Gen 5 quartet in one set together as 1 prizers. Would have preferred to have seen the other Gen 5 trio though in their Therian Formes with Enamorus. Maybe it's possible to have both haha.

Bewear The TERRIBLE

Rogue TCG Player
Yay, a new stage 1 Energy Accel! I dont mind playing 0 supporters for my deck. Draw abilities are plenty. And glad to see more love for the Unidentified Alien Artifact. 🤩😝

Mcsonic00

Less Filler Cards Please
Terrakion's attack definitely needs to be for [F][C][C] in order to fit better with the attack costs of the other 3 Pokemon in the combo.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Any reason why Pokemons like Flaffy and Malamar can freely attach energys from the discard without drawbacks and then you have Claydol who need a very specific condition

leetic

Aspiring Trainer
Any reason why Pokemons like Flaffy and Malamar can freely attach energys from the discard without drawbacks and then you have Claydol who need a very specific condition
I think TPCI wants Fighting to be the "Mighty Glacier" type, as seemingly every other type has better energy acceleration

LightYearLiam

They do have a limitation - attachments must be to the bench. Claydol has no such limitation. Though yeah, in general Claydol does seem worse.

TrumoN

Aspiring Trainer
Why is everybody complaining about supporterless decks? I think its a great idea to make some diversity. Even more, there are great trainers that can supply (somehow) supporters effects. so its viable.
or you can simply add some supporters and combine them with lost zone.

claydoll says yes when attaching to active, claydol says yes to your favourite ruleboxmon.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Why is everybody complaining about supporterless decks? I think its a great idea to make some diversity. Even more, there are great trainers that can supply (somehow) supporters effects. so its viable.
or you can simply add some supporters and combine them with lost zone.

claydoll says yes when attaching to active, claydol says yes to your favourite ruleboxmon.
agreed, this is a neat area to explore. Finding ways to get them out of discard or ways to avoid playing them seem like fun and fairly new design space.