Mudkipster07

Savvy TCG Mudkip Fan & TCG Alt Art Fanatic!
Another one of those team and combo cards, for the swords of justice like the morpeko, dedenne, pikachu and todgedamaru combo cards

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
agreed, this is a neat area to explore. Finding ways to get them out of discard or ways to avoid playing them seem like fun and fairly new design space.

Also, this isn't new, there was a Golurk in the S&M era that had an attack that could only be used if there was no supporters in your discard.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Also, this isn't new, there was a Golurk in the S&M era that had an attack that could only be used if there was no supporters in your discard.
from cosmic eclipse, yeah. this seems more archetypal to me. But I like how "ancient" pokemon force you or your opponent to play by old school rules (like kabutops for example)

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Terrakion's attack definitely needs to be for [F][C][C] in order to fit better with the attack costs of the other 3 Pokemon in the combo.
It has higher HP than the other cards, so things like attack cost, retreat, are necessarily adjusted

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Just one name change:

Cobalion: Heart of Justice > Justified, the shared ability of the legendary musketeers.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I don't mind decks that don't use supporters (like this one or Golurk). My issue is that these decks are underpowered simply because of the fact that they don't release enough support cards to make such gimmick viable, even in an entirely casual level. This tells me that the design is lazy and doesn't go beyond printing a basic text box on a mon.

A series of items for a deck that doesn't have any supporter cards in the discard pile and won't play any this turn that have effects that replace the usual value supporters bring, with busted effects (discard your entire hand, draw 3, search 2 pokemon from your deck, attach a special energy from discard or deck, gust a mon, etc) would be valuable cards in a deck like this, but alas, they will entirely restrict the effect to a series of underpowered effects and hope you make-do with the items that every other deck already uses. That's peak laziness.

Ma Ru Pu

Aspiring Trainer
It's a shame that all these card groups (Pikachu and friends, Swords of justice, no-supporters Pokémon) all have been underwhelming so far! At least Claydol is a good one, provided there's a good target to power up with its ability other than Stonjourner. Maybe one of the V's in this set will work with the same gimmick? Here's hoping!

Also something interesting: from the card numbers we have so far, Omastar should be a water card this time around! 045/098 is Dedenne (psychic) and Baltoy is 047/098. This leaves only 1 slot for a final psychic card, or first fighting card.

I'm really excited to see the remaining fossil pokémon! Kabutops, Omastar, Armaldo and Cradily haven't made it in the sword and shield series so far.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Claydol seems interesting. I suppose its in 'flavor' that Fighting decks need to have a harder time getting energy ramp. Some ways I could think of to make it work is either:

1. Bring no supporters at all
2. Bring only Grant, since the card can be returned to hand at a cost
3. Run a bunch of Pal Pads

I dont know what decks could use Claydoll though, maybe Machamp VMax?