Tangrowth Electrode Shaymin EX?

Volkner218

Aspiring Trainer
053.jpg

34-tangrowth.jpg
93-electrode.jpg

Shaymin EX - Grass - HP110
Basic Pokemon
{G} Synthesis: Choose 1 Grass Energy card from your deck and attach it to one of your Pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterward.
{G}{C} Revenge Burst: Does 30 damage plus an additional 30 damage times the number of Prize cards your opponent has already taken.
Pokemon EX Rule: When Pokemon EX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: {R} (x2) Resistance: {F} (-20) Retreat: {C}

Strategy: Okay so the basic strategy would be to use Electrode Primes ability "Energymite" to get a constant stream of energy going for Tangrowth's "Grind" attack. Shaymin is there to act as almost as a Skarmory in Scizor decks fueling quick energy early on while also having good synergy with Electrode seeing as you force your opponent to take prizes. I know this deck has been done before, but just wanted to put my own twist onto it with newer cards like Level ball which reads:

Level Ball - Trainer’s Goods

Choose 1 Pokemon from your deck with HP of 90 or less, show it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Also when "N" comes out the deck will have another good Supporter to play with the usual Twins and Sages Training. A basic skeleton I guess would be something like this:

Pokemon:
3-3 Tangrowth (CoL)
3-3 Electrode Prime (Triumphant)
3 Shaymin EX (Psycho Drive)

T/S/S
3 Twins (Triumphant)
3 Sages Training (CoL)
3 Pokemon Collector (HGSS)
2 "N" (Noble Victories)
2 or 3 Level Ball (Psycho Drive)

Energy
12-14 Grass Energy

Let me know what you guys think!

The combo is alright, but I don't see a need for Shaymin EX in here. You could just run some other card to start instead. If you have Shaymin EX Catcher'd up and KO'd, that's 2 prizes for your opponent (not fun). I think it would work better with Cleffa/Manaphy (probably Manaphy) to get you a good setup.

The problem with Electrode Prime is that it's extremely risky with as low energy as you would run. I don't think it would be that great for energy acceleration as Emboar, or even Floatzel.

That said, Tangrowth gets 1-shotted by Reshiram and Zekrom, which take up a large part of the meta. I'm just not sure this would work, even with the better options available.

or Celebi Prime. So when it gets knocked out your opponent doesn't take two prizes... and team it up with IQ if you have no energy in your hand.

Back