• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard TEU-CRE Rapid Strike toolbox (Blaziken VMAX, Empoleon V, urshifu VMAX, Galarian Moltres V)

Theguesst

Aspiring Trainer
Hello Pokebeach community,

My name is 31Masq. I’ve developed a creative concept of a toolbox for rapid strike centered decks. The deck is aiming to be anti-meta for the current TEU-CRE standard format. Considering how close we are to rotation, it will be short lived. I figured I’d share it with the community for feedback, comment and analysis in case I might have missed something.

I’ve come to the conclusions below based on these factors:
- 1v1 testing for the fastest bench setups.
- Metagame observation via Limitlesstcg tournament results.
- The following list based on a list by iamflukeovo, thank you to iamflukeovo for the inspiration.

I haven’t had this much fun with deckbuilding since the end of the S/M era. Thanks to friends for getting me back into the game for a bit.

241673.jpg

Desklist:
Pokemon - 20
* 1 Blaziken V CRE 20
* 2 Rapid Strike Urshifu V BST 87
* 1 Crobat V PR-SW 098
* 1 Empoleon V BST 40
* 2 Galarian Moltres V CRE 97
* 2 Rapid Strike Urshifu VMAX BST 88
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 4 Remoraid BST 36
* 2 Octillery BST 37
* 1 Blaziken VMAX CRE 21
* 1 Passimian CRE 88
* 1 Ditto V SHF 50

Trainer cards -29
* 4 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 1 Energy Search SSH 161
* 2 Energy Switch SSH 162
* 1 Marnie SSH 169
* 1 Tower of Waters BST 138
* 2 Viridian Forest UNM 256
* 4 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 216
* 3 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 2 Pokémon Catcher SSH 175
* 3 Peony CRE 150
* 2 Air Balloon SSH 156

Energy - 11
* 4 Rapid Strike Energy BST 140
* 7 Darkness Energy (Basic) Energy 7

Strategy:
- Math target is 130+190. Will cover most VMAX pokemon.

- Passimian is there for 150 rapid flow spread => 190 for mirror match Urshifu VMAX.

- 150+130 also works out to 280. KO’s most Tag Teams.

- Ditto V is effective to recall Galarian Moltres V very early or very late game. Ditto V also saves cards thrown away early game.

- Peony + Rapid Strike Search (RSS) is a consistency buff for rapid strike decks. Grabs Energy Search, Viridian Forest, Energy Switch or Pokemon Catcher for potential wincon scenarios. Whiffing catcher “Option Selects” into Quick Ball+RSS Remoraid discard fodder into Crobat V.

This deck is a glass cannon, meaning it has a lot of weak points if the planned strategy does not follow the numbers.

Notable strengths:
- Type, ability and number coverage of the most major meta threats.

- Remoraid count detrimental to opponents who choose to chase.

- Outpaces energy acceleration hate. Crushing hammer mitigated by Blaziken VMAX.

- Peony allows an “Option Select” strategy to intercept opponent’s counters. Win-win vs mew, etc.

Notable weakness:
- Reliance on bench draw abilities. 2 on bench per game. Path to the peak exists.

- Healing options for opponents. Agatha, Cheryl, etc.

- Minimal disruption due to focus on speed.

- Low space, limited flex spots, slots include Marnie, Catcher, Blaziken.

- Requires a high technical focus and deck awareness to adapt to opponents and avoid making mistakes e.g. overloading the bench.

Feel free to post any comments and questions below.
Thank you! (b’w’)b