Votes: 12 70.6%
  • On The Battle Zone, or islands similar to it

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No real BF Season, just one or two episodes showing it (Like the Whirl Cup

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

NotVeryEffective

But Super Effective Nonetheless
I've been thinking a lot lately about how the Anime will approach/use Sinnoh's Battle Frontier. In one of the upcoming episodes, Palmer will apparently be introduced, along with his Rhyperior. I think that's kindve strange, considering he's the leader and that's his signature Pokemon. (since they kept Brandon a secret for the Kanto BF season)

One option they have, obviously, is to return to Johto. This would be the plug for HGSS, just like FRLG got.

Why The Battle Zone Wouldn't Work;

- Since the show revolves around traveling, that single pentagon-shaped building wouldn't work.
- They already gave Heatran a movie role, so the Stark Mountain plotline wouldn't be so appealing.
- Charon was already introduced.

Before that episode was announced, I was assuming that Jasmine's appearance in Sunyshore would be the announcement of Johto's Battle Frontier, but who knows now.

I think Ash will end up going to Johto for the new Battle Frontier. I doubt that they will go to the Battle Zone.
It wouldn't surprise me if May ends up traveling with Ash again, since she's in Johto at the moment.

NotVeryEffective said:
I've been thinking a lot lately about how the Anime will approach/use Sinnoh's Battle Frontier. In one of the upcoming episodes, Palmer will apparently be introduced, along with his Rhyperior. I think that's kindve strange, considering he's the leader and that's his signature Pokemon. (since they kept Brandon a secret for the Kanto BF season)

One option they have, obviously, is to return to Johto. This would be the plug for HGSS, just like FRLG got.

Why The Battle Zone Wouldn't Work;

- Since the show revolves around traveling, that single pentagon-shaped building wouldn't work.
- They already gave Heatran a movie role, so the Stark Mountain plotline wouldn't be so appealing.
- Charon was already introduced.

Before that episode was announced, I was assuming that Jasmine's appearance in Sunyshore would be the announcement of Johto's Battle Frontier, but who knows now.

Actually remember that is where May and Max and the rest of the crew went right adter that ended so they would probably do it in Johto and meet up with the rest of the crew and probably go head to head in the Johto battle frontier after season 13 is over and it will take place in season `4. They will use the Johto Pokemon ans ome from the other generations and probably more. I wonder who the trainers will be and how will the BF be set up. I hope it will be a little easier for the crew as wll because in season 9 Ash had a very hard time with Brandon and got smoked badly but finally won though.:)

The plot-point I've been wondering about is the transition Sinnoh from to Johto. With the Kanto Battle Frontier, it was no problem for Ash to stop at home. Maybe this time we'll get a Saga Change without a return to Pallet Town.

More Thoughts/Options:
- Scott reappears, maybe with a new look, and tells them about it. (Sinnoh's BF never technically had an Owner, althought Palmer counted as the Leader)
- Maybe some sort of deeper plotline for revisiting Johto, maybe a delivery of something or meeting a person. (Then, once they're there, the Battle Frontier is revealed.
- Both theses theories assume that Palmer only gives them a small idea of whats going on.

We can't just assume that they're going back to Johto because that's what they did in the last Battle Frontier series following LG/FR.

We also have to take into consideration that they may do some weird twist like the Orange Islands with the northeastern island mass in Sinnoh that involves new gym challenges. At the very least, they could scatter the Battle Frontier buildings over that island instead of just moving them over to Johto.
And, to follow up on the above post, if they moved the battle frontier to Johto, we would think that Barry would be involved somehow. So he would have to randomly decide to travel to Johto too to meet up with his father.

I think they're going to skip the Battle Frontier, and Ash and co. will travel to Johto again.

They will probably go to the Battle Zone and all those areas... The 13th movie could take place at Stark Mountain

New Idea:

- Palmer appears in this season as an independent Tower Tycoon, like he is in DP.

- The HGSS Battle Tower will have a new Tower Tycoon, with the rest of them matching Platinum.

- Ash faces THAT Tower Tycoon in Johto, along with the others.

NotVeryEffective said:
The plot-point I've been wondering about is the transition Sinnoh from to Johto. With the Kanto Battle Frontier, it was no problem for Ash to stop at home. Maybe this time we'll get a Saga Change without a return to Pallet Town.

More Thoughts/Options:
- Scott reappears, maybe with a new look, and tells them about it. (Sinnoh's BF never technically had an Owner, althought Palmer counted as the Leader)
- Maybe some sort of deeper plotline for revisiting Johto, maybe a delivery of something or meeting a person. (Then, once they're there, the Battle Frontier is revealed.
- Both theses theories assume that Palmer only gives them a small idea of whats going on.

GS ball anyone?

Sweet Dawn Berlitz said:
The GS Ball had no plotline. Hopefully, if they put it in, we'll find out it's secret.

You are right, it was a big dead end. The way they wrote it, I wonder if they meant to solve it in a movie.

IIRC they were going to have a special episode about celebi appearing out of the GS ball, but they decided to save celebi for a movie and hope that everyone would forget about the GS ball.

I doubt that an entire saga would be devoted to the GS Ball. Although, I can see at least one episode focusing on it. When the Gen IV GS Ball is released over the Wi-fi, (for the guaranteed HGSS Celebi Event) they'll prbly try to plug it in the anime...that's their specialty.

Well, now that we know the Battle Frontier is the same as the one in Platinum, (though we don't know if they're the same Frontier Brains) I think it's very likely to be in Johto.

Back