• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard The Destroyer King (M Tyranitar EX / Forretress)

venusaur80

Rogue Trainer
Hey, fellow trainers.

First post in quite a long time. I've been over this deck dozens of times. It is nearly identical to a few friends' decks. They do fairly well with it but for some reason, matches hardly ever go in my favor. So, decided to go ahead and post it here for some of your feedback.

Pokemon:
  • 3 M Tyranitar EX (AOR)
  • 3 Tyranitar EX (AOR)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (ROS)
  • 2 Forretress (FLF)
  • 2 Pineco (FLF)
  • 2 Yveltal (XY)
  • 1 Yveltal EX (XY)
  • 1 Hoopa EX (AOR)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Mega Turbo
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Tyranitar Spirit Link
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Super Scoop Up
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Professor's Letter
Energy:
  • 8 Darkness Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

The idea is to start with Yveltal (XY) and Battle Compress/Ultra Ball my way to generating energy for Tyranitar. The staple draw power is there with Sycamore/Shauna/Shaymin. Forretress to Thorn Tempest the opposing field and get The Destroyer King in there to obliterate.

Thoughts:

I've been told that Forest of the Giant Plants should make it's way into the deck and to be honest, I was going to edit the deck before this posting but hesitated on what to replace. Hoopa seems to be almost a hindrance now. Forretress was put in a few days ago to test out. I had the 'Bats before. Heavy Ball seems to be an option to me. The biggest threat to my deck is Regice (Ohhhh how I loathe thee...) and that I have nothing to really combat it. I was thinking a One-Of Zoroark (possibly BREAK form as well) and Float Stones.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Maybe take out a ultra ball for a heavy ,I would say two ultra ball but it seems more consistent since it searches for all Pokemon ,not sure what to take out for second one, and atleast two forest of giant plants would be good, again don't know what to take out for it (maybe az) or one trainers mail it really just depends on personal preference and testing

I can see one weakness already. M Tyranitar has Theta Double, meaning it can have two tools attached, meaning runing only spirit links makes you susceptible to Head Ringers. I'd put Hard Charm in to combat this weakness AND have more survivability for M Tyranitar.

Maybe take out a ultra ball for a heavy ,I would say two ultra ball but it seems more consistent since it searches for all Pokemon ,not sure what to take out for second one, and atleast two forest of giant plants would be good, again don't know what to take out for it (maybe az) or one trainers mail it really just depends on personal preference and testing

Heavy Ball and one less Ultra Ball doesn't seem so bad. I'll have to try that out since TTar IS the main attacker.

I can see one weakness already. M Tyranitar has Theta Double, meaning it can have two tools attached, meaning runing only spirit links makes you susceptible to Head Ringers. I'd put Hard Charm in to combat this weakness AND have more survivability for M Tyranitar.

I haven't thought much about it that way. At one point I did have Hard Charm in the deck though. Muscle Band was an option as well simply for extra fire power against something like the Regice.

You mention having issues with Regice... have you tried attacking it directly with Forretress? :O It takes advantage of your DCE and OHKO's Regice for weakness!

You mention having issues with Regice... have you tried attacking it directly with Forretress? :O It takes advantage of your DCE and OHKO's Regice for weakness!

I've actually only had a chance to play with Forretress twice when it was just put in the deck at a league earlier this week. The deck I played didn't have Regice. I will keep that in mind though, thanks!

Back