The Evolution of Gardevoir ex

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello everyone! Gardevoir ex dominated the tournament at NAIC with six decks in the Top 8 and it still appears to be well-positioned heading into the World Championships, however, one thing that was clear from NAIC is that many players could not agree on how to build Gardevoir ex. Most players chose to go with Drifloon and Bravery Charm for big damage output, along with Technical Machine: Evolution for setup, with Unfair Stamp as the ACE SPEC. Several players chose not to play Drifloon, however, and some also used...

Continue reading...

Petition to get rid of the paywall, 1. the membership cost is insane, 2. you already have intrusive ads, 3. no other pokemon tcg site i've seen has such paywalls
Then just go to the other sites? Or get an adblocker or something? The ads aren't that intrusive. Nobody is forcing you to use pokebeach, and pokebeach needs to make money some ways as well.

Petition to get rid of the paywall, 1. the membership cost is insane, 2. you already have intrusive ads, 3. no other pokemon tcg site i've seen has such paywalls
1. Compared to what tho?
2. Everybody uses ad block
3. Feel free to use other Pokémon sites

Then just go to the other sites? Or get an adblocker or something? The ads aren't that intrusive. Nobody is forcing you to use pokebeach, and pokebeach needs to make money some ways as well.
There are already the ads which they can make money from

There are already the ads which they can make money from
Like @bbb888 kindly said previously, many people use adblockers which cuts their revenue from that.
In addition to that, they have a ton of free content, it's just not the professionally written articles that you need to subscribe for. All of the reveals are free, they just want to you know, pay the writers and editors? Ad revenue on a small site isn't a lot.

Guys, guys, please read the description under the paywall!
"Our article program isn't a corporate operation, advertising front, or for-profit business. We set our prices so that we can pay the game's top players to write the best content for our subscribers."
The paywall has nothing to do with running the website! The paywall only pays for the articles themselves!

I don't mind a subscription, but it's a shame not that many people get to see these articles. I feel like there are a lot of interesting discussions that never happened because of it.

There are alternative ways to handle a paid membership. Similar websites offer a subscription that removes ads from their website, in addition to stuff like a membership badge. It might not positively impact revenue, but this way everyone can enjoy every article. This could result in more memberships and activity in the long run.

Anyway, it's way too expensive. Especially for kids and broke people like me .__.

To be fair the prize is definitely crazy, yes. If it were like 5 euros/dollars per month I would subscribe for a full year (which is not even an option by the way?), but currently the price is more than double what I would be willing to pay. I tried the subscription this week and, while the content is valuable, I cannot justify the ROI given the price. IMO the site is missing on some money by keeping the price so high that only a few people can justify the investment. With a lower price, more people could subscribe and they might get more money in the end.

Back