Contest The Fakers' Marathon 4! Final Score: 464 Points!

Pone

Delta Species is best species
The_Fakers_Marathon_4.png

How fast can this community make new cards? Some contests search for the prettiest card, some search for the most creative mechanics, others search for the most lifelike appearance, but sometimes you just want to take a break and make some easier cards for a while. Well this is the event for you!

Welcome back to the fourth non-consecutive Fakers' Marathon! This a 7-day-long community event for the entire community in which we attempt to make the most cards we possibly can in a single week. Anyone can participate here, whether you do text-based or image-based cards; whether your a veteran or a newcomer! All you need is be a member of PB or the Custom Card Discord Server.

How this Fakers' Marathon works:
  • To submit a card, post it to this thread or to the #showcase channel in the Custom Card Discord Server!
  • Our goal is to make as many cards as possible. Last year we amassed a gargantuan 493 points, but we can advance even on that with a little collaboration! This year we strive to smash that point goal! The way points are counted is down below.
  • If you're new to faking, check out the Help and Resources Thread to help get you started!
  • We'll accept any kind of card and there is no limit to how many times the same Pokémon can be used! Fakemon? Go for it! Custom template? Absolutely yes! Trainers? Energy? We'll accept those, too!
  • Anyone can participate! We accept text-based entries and image-based entries!
  • Artists are welcome and encouraged to collaborate with card makers for more cards!
  • The marathon begins immediately and ends on Friday, December 31st at 11:59:59 PM PST. To ensure each contest has the same time frame, we won't be able to accept cards posted after this time, so don't procrastinate!
  • Points are scored as follows:
    • Text-based - 1 point
    • Image-based - 3 points
    • Holosheet - +1 point
    • Gimmick (GX, Prism Star, Gold Star, LEGEND, etc.) - +2 points
      • +2 more points if you create a new gimmick
      • Using multiple gimmicks does not give you extra points
    • Texture - +2 points
    • Custom Blank - +1 point
    • Full Art - +1 point
    • Own Art - +3 points
Rules:
  • You must have permission from an artist before you use their artwork on your cards. They must also always be credited on the card itself. No exceptions. We have a list of artists who have granted blanket permissions to the community on our Discord Server. PidgiWiki is also a very good resource for finding high-quality official Pokémon artwork, which requires no permissions! And of course, you can always seek out other artists for permission or make your own artwork for this marathon.
  • All cards must be quality. This means correct fonts and placement, good balance for whatever format they're intended to fit with, a presentable appearance, and overall just something that doesn't look like it was cobbled together. The host reserves the right to reject any card if it does not meet this standard.
  • Card generators are not allowed, as it defeats the whole purpose of the marathon. Most are low-quality anyway.
  • All image-based cards must include the Fakers' Marathon 4 Official Set Logo on the card. It doesn't have to be the set logo (although that is recommended), but it has to be on the card.
  • All cards submitted to the marathon must be new. If they were created before this thread was posted then they are not allowed and won't be counted. Again, that defeats the whole purpose of this marathon.
  • You may not use the artwork of existing cards in the official TCG. Likewise, you may not copy all the text on a card and repost it with different artwork. Any cards caught doing this will be removed and the submitter will be docked 5 points. Don't bring us down.
FM4_Medium.png

Deadline: Friday, December 31st, 11:59pm PST
Here's a countdown timer for your benefit: [link]

This marathon's banner and the set symbol were made by @CardPone

Official Card List

See this spreadsheet for a list of all the entries and their score breakdowns.

Last edited:
Kicking things off!

Vanillish_FM.png

I found this art of Autobot's about a month ago, but didn't have the time back then to throw a card together for it. FM4 is just the excuse I needed! :p

Art by Autobot.Tesla on dA; blank and icons by @AwesomeEevee / metagross101 on dA; text effects and some slight alterations of the art by me.

Archeops HP: 130 [F]
566.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Archen

archeops.png

NO. 567 First Bird Pokémon HT: 4'7" WT: 70.5 lbs.
Ability: Revival Wings
If this Pokémon would be Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack, put this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your hand instead of discarding them.

[F][F] All In 300-
This attack does 10 less damage for each card in your discard pile.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

This ancient Pokémon’s plumage is delicate, so if anyone other than an experienced professional tries to restore it, they will fail.

I didn't submit this for CaC, so I'll use it here. It's a strong card, but being a fossil probably makes it unplayable.

I've been feeling under the weather for the past four days (influenza) and haven't been able to do much more than rest most of that time, so seeing my score for the last CaC (my best score yet!) AND learning that the Fakers Marathon had commenced was a wonderful surprise! I've gotten some new watercoloring supplies for Christmas, so I'm going to have some fun self-illustrating and Omnium-ing my way through this tournament! (I also fancy the concept of dabbling around with a few of RuneScript's custom Sword and Shield blanks.). It would also be a pleasure to make a few cards using some of the photographs I have captured over the past year. This is going to be a very fun contest! I just hope that I can stay clear of any Legends: Arceus spoilers that may be dropped throughout the contest! (I've been deliberately out of the loop since the Hisuian form that Nyan used in November was dropped. I've been wanting to keep as many of these new Pokemon as I can secret so that I can enjoy discovering them for myself during my explorations.) As long as we keep using spoilers to keep posts condensed, I should be good. (Still, perhaps a "WARNING: LEGENDS ARCEUS SPOILER(S)" spoiler title in place of the Pokemon's name would be prudent and considerate where relevant? I mean, no one will force you to do it, but I would be extremely grateful!) In any case, this is already shaping up to be a great contest! Hope to see what you guys make! (Unless I should just stay clear of all submissions in order to avoid LA spoilers?)

I've been feeling under the weather for the past four days (influenza) and haven't been able to do much more than rest most of that time, so seeing my score for the last CaC (my best score yet!) AND learning that the Fakers Marathon had commenced was a wonderful surprise! I've gotten some new watercoloring supplies for Christmas, so I'm going to have some fun self-illustrating and Omnium-ing my way through this tournament! (I also fancy the concept of dabbling around with a few of RuneScript's custom Sword and Shield blanks.). It would also be a pleasure to make a few cards using some of the photographs I have captured over the past year. This is going to be a very fun contest! I just hope that I can stay clear of any Legends: Arceus spoilers that may be dropped throughout the contest! (I've been deliberately out of the loop since the Hisuian form that Nyan used in November was dropped. I've been wanting to keep as many of these new Pokemon as I can secret so that I can enjoy discovering them for myself during my explorations.) As long as we keep using spoilers to keep posts condensed, I should be good. (Still, perhaps a "WARNING: LEGENDS ARCEUS SPOILER(S)" spoiler title in place of the Pokemon's name would be prudent and considerate where relevant? I mean, no one will force you to do it, but I would be extremely grateful!) In any case, this is already shaping up to be a great contest! Hope to see what you guys make! (Unless I should just stay clear of all submissions in order to avoid LA spoilers?)
Tagging L:A Pokémon with a spoiler warning seems like a good idea; can't speak for everyone else, but I'll do that myself if I end up doing anything with any of those Pokémon.

Looking forward to the self-illustrations! :D

Ain't got time to write paragraphs on all these this time so here we go

r5BAGg8.png

I don't have it in me to do more of these, especially since the way I was doing SM faking was so unorganized. Something something Mega Evolution is the ultimate sin.
s5Vr7yJ.png

Light Pokemon have boosted HP and reduced damage, just like they did back in the day.
yURCLaf.png

Dark Pokemon have decreased HP, mixed Energy costs (usually), and increased damage.
v0cJ0Rq.png

Taking RuneScape's Hero mechanic for a spin.
9NN5Gx5.png

Yeet.

Pinsir-EX HP180 [G]
Basic Pokémon

[Ability] Bug Radar
When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, you may search your deck for a [G] Pokémon, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[G][C][C] Rivalry Strike 80+
If you have more Pokémon in play than your opponent,
this attack does 50 more damage.

Weakness:[R]X2
Resistance:None
Retreat Cost:[C][C]

Mightyena HP: 100 [D]
261.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Poochyena
mightyena.png

NO. 262 Bite Pokémon HT: 3'3" WT: 81.6 lbs.
Ability: Pack Instinct
If your opponent uses a card or effect to switch your Active Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon, you can switch this Pokémon with your Active Pokémon instead. If you do, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks until the end of the turn.

[D][C][C] Revenge Fang 120
If your opponent took a Prize card during their last turn, this attack can be used for [C][C].

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

It chases down prey in a pack of around ten. They defeat foes with perfectly coordinated teamwork.

Volcanion_FM4.png

Not thrilled with the holosheet application on this one but ah well, room for improvement. Delta holos are hard. :/

Blank by metagross101 / @AwesomeEevee, art by Autobot.Tesla.

Last edited:
Sunflora HP: 90 [G]
191.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Sunkern

sunflora.png

NO. 192 Sun Pokémon HT: 2'07" WT: 18.7 lbs.
[G][G] Bright Summer Sun
Discard all Energy from this Pokémon. During your next turn, you may play 2 Supporter cards.

[G][G][C] Lively Dance 30x
Shuffle your hand into your deck. This attack does 30 damage for each card shuffled into your deck in this way. If this attack Knocks Out the Defending Pokémon, you may search your deck for up to 2 cards and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

As the hot season approaches, the petals on this Pokémon’s face become more vivid and lively.

Trying to expand more into cards without abilities, as I feel that's relatively underutilized in fakes.

Blamatter-EX_FM4.png

Blamatter is a Fakemon by @steffenka, the original art for which dates back to 2015. It's one of my favorites of his Fakemon, and I made a FA Pokémon-EX for it that year as well. Now, six years later, I'm happy to be bringing it another Pokémon-EX!

The Blamatter art is by steff; I asked him for some art I could make into a Pokémon-EX around the beginning of the month, intending to use it later on for FM4, and I'm super grateful he obliged. Blank and symbols are by asche, modified with Plasma stuff by me, and the holosheet is Neko's. All other effects by me.

0nUNw53.png
hzQk3C5.png
fCZOOqP.png
3cxJW6l.png
3Z3BjOU.png
9A3nmmn.png
y23aGPz.png

Back