DPPt/HGSS The GameStop Celebi doesn't obey me...

Jthproductionz

NPCH 4 Life.
I wen to gamestop for the free Celebi. Then I started with it buy it doesnt obey also it goes to sleep a lot after being told to attack. How do I fix this? Anyone have an answer?

RE: Gamestop Celebi

You need to get the right number of badges to let traded pokemon obey you

I've moved this to 4th Generation, as it seems you're having a problem in one of those games. Questions like this usually make it to the Q&A threads, but it can stay as a thread for now.

As said, you need to get enough badges (around 4) so that Pokemon level 50 and below will obey you.

I believe that Gamestop Celebi is lv. 100, if so you will need to have obtained all eight gym badges for him to obey you.

Lv 50, but you will still need enough badges to have "traded" Pokemon obey you, "traded" meaning those that don't match your Trainer ID Number. This is done in the game to keep the gameplay at least somewhat challenging, by not allowing players to use a set of traded Lv100's to clear the game in a fast sweep.

The Celebi is at Lv. 50 with a Jacoba Berry, has the moveset: Nasty Plot, Recover, Leaf Storm, and Healing Wish. The Nature is completely randomized just like with all other Event Pokemon you transfer via Mystery Gift.

@Card Slinger J: Actually, that's only partly correct - the shiny events always have fixed natures no matter how times you soft-reset.
But since the Celebi is not shiny, it can be any one of the natures.

^Shininess has nothing to do with it. The beasts just had set natures. Celebi does not.

^Shininess has nothing to do with it. The beasts just had set natures. Celebi does not.
But are you aware that every event so far, no exceptions, that had a fixed nature was shiny?

...That's because it isn't supposed to be shiny.
And now since we are all very well aware that events are either shiny or non-shiny fixed, and the shiny ones always have the same nature, let's go back to talking about Celebi.

Both shiny and non-shiny event Pokémon have fixed presets that keep them one or the other, via a mechanism called the aRNG, an alternate random number generator that determines the PID (nature, gender, shininess, etc. but NOT IVs) of the Pokémon, as opposed to the games' standard algorithm that generates the event Pokémon's IVs (at least in Gen. IV). If you manage to land at the exact point where you would get a shiny during normal gameplay, the aRNG will make an extra call to the game as you receive Celebi/other event Pokémon, signaling to the game that the Pokémon is in fact shiny and is programmed to revert it back to an un-shiny state, changing the PID slightly to accommodate for this (so theoretically you'd get the IVs of the missing shiny, but the PID would be changed so that the Pokémon is normal-looking and may have a different nature or gender where applicable, hence the random nature). That's why, as DNA said, all preset shiny events have a fixed nature as well, it works in reverse to keep them shiny – they revert back to the same PID every time you receive them (the aRNG makes that call), only the IVs can be different. So Celebi, while having its nature randomized, is thus preset un-shiny, if there's still any confusion over that.

@DNA -- I'd have to argue your point that all preset-nature event Pokémon are shiny. The TRU Dragonite is preset Mild, and the Pokétopia events have preset natures as well, among others. Those details are just up to the developers' discretion, luckily for competitive folks at least, the nature's up to their own discretion :).

@Gary Walsh: You're right; thanks for reminding me. Some of the other more-important events slipped my mind as I wrote that, e.g. I also just recalled that the TCG Worlds 2010 Crobat also has a set nature (which iirc is Timid)...

The event Celebi doesn't have a preset nature. You can pic what nature you want by saving at the pokemart and turning your game off if you didn't get what you want.

Back