The Infernal Reign of Charizard ex

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello everyone! While Charizard ex recently gained a big boost in power by including the Dusknoir line from Shrouded Fable, it has still been struggling to make a big impact in the metagame thanks to the presence of Regidrago VSTAR. Even with the poor Regidrago VSTAR matchup, I have enjoyed playing Charizard ex in this format and have taken it to several League Cups where I have only lost to Regidrago VSTAR players. When playing these tournaments, I based my list initially off the one that Tord Reklev played at the World Championships — I included Technical Machine: Evolution...

Continue reading...

Yea this thread doesn't need to exist. Let's stick to talking about new/ upcoming cards.
Actually this thread is required for everyone who has a subscription and to encourage new subscribers. As @PMJ mentioned earlier, not everyone has access to world-class playas so this article program helps them.

Ah yes, the worst designed card in format. I understand that Stage 2s are usually kinda bad, but Charizard takes it too far in the other direction. I don’t hate it though, Charizard is pretty benign. High-level games with Charizard still have a great deal of skill expression and I’m happy to see Stage 2 decks be good after so long with them being bad. Also, most other formats of this famously well-balanced TCG have had way worse designed cards in them, let alone other TCGs and their The One Ring, or their Fiendsmith archetype. Even just half a year ago, Path to the Peak, Genesect V, and especially Battle VIP Pass existed. Good riddance

Back