THE NHL PLAYOFFS ARE HERE!

Veni Vidi Vici

Aspiring Trainer
Thats right fellas! It's the best time of the year!

I don't know how many hockey fans there are on these boards, but let a good old Canadian boy indulge himself for a bit; hockey runs in my blood!

I'm a die-hard Ottawa Senators fan, so last year had me kinda choked up when the boys made it all the way to the cup final after years of high expectations, only to fall hard against a big, fast, skilled Anaheim team. Hoping for a rebound this year, but the sens are in deep against an insanely stacked Penguins team. Even more gut-wrenching is the fact the Pens have Hossa, a fan favorite in the city of Ottawa from his playing time here, and a player we were close to getting back at the trade deadline before the Pens snatched him for our grip with a slightly better offer to Atlanta.

Heres my breakdown and predictions for the first round:

Western Conference:

(1) Detroit vs. (8) Nashville - Detroit in 4

(2) San Jose vs. (7) Calgary - Calgary in 7

(3) Minnesota vs. (6) Colorado - Colorado in 6

(4) Anaheim vs. (5) Dallas - Anaheim in 7

Eastern Conference:

(1) Montreal vs. (8) Boston - Montreal in 5

(2) Pittsburgh vs. (7) Ottawa - Ottawa in 7 (yeah, I'm being a bit of a homer on this one. I can't pick against my favorite team, especially since they were so good at the beginning of the season. If they can get that form back, they can make a series out of it, mark my words! This is virtually the same sens team that a) beat Pittsburgh in the first round last year, b) made it to the cup final last year, and c) started the season 15-2.!)

(3) Washington vs. (6) Philadelphia - Washington in 6

(4) New Jersey vs. (5) NY Rangers - Rangers in 6

There you have it! I have my reasons for each pick, but it's late and I'm too tired to write them all down, haha!

Anyone else got predictions? Anyone wanna bash my picks and tell me how dumb they are? Come on hockey fans; I'm calling you out to contribute to this thread! Lets get some fan rivalries boiling!

AVS ROCK GO AVALANCHE THE SERIES RIGHT NOW IS TIED ONE TO ONE BUT WERE GONNA KICK THE WILDS BUT AT HOME BECAUSE WE ROCK! JOE SAKIC ROCKS! SAME WITH LYLES, HEYDUK, LAPIEERIERE, AND OF COURSE DONT FORGET THEODORE! AND YOU ALL KNOW THE FAMOUS RETIRED GOALIE THAT PLAYED ON THE AVS #33 ROY!UHUH GO AVS!

Ok, ain't no way that Ottawa will defeat Pittsburgh. Especially considering the fact that they are already ahead 3 games to nothing.

My class did something simalar to this but here's what I put down:

Candians vs. Boston: Canadians in 5 games.
Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa: Pittsburgh in 4 games
Anahiem vs. Dallas: Anahiem in 7 games
Calgary vs. San Jose: San Jose in 6 games
Detroit vs. Nashville: Detroit in 6 games
Minnesota vs. Colorado: Colorado in 7 games (I never watch these teams)
NY Rangers vs. New Jersey: New Jersey in 6 games ( I don't watch them either but the kid who sits next to me is absessed with Hockey and he says they're gonna win this)
Washington vs. Phili: Washington in 6 games.

I'm still confident about these guesses though I'm sure I won't get it right for some of the games.

I got every guess for the teams right except fr two of them. Anways here is who will win these series:

Montreal vs. Phili - Montreal
Pittsburgh vs. NY Rangers - Pittsburgh
Detroit vs. Colorado - Detroit
San José vs. Dallas - Dallas

So were the Leafs but they didn't make it. >_>
BTW Phili took the lead over Montreal.

Meh, I see the Penguins winning this year. Unelss Crosby gets overconfident again and sprains his ankle again. >_>

Back