• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

The vilest jump of all(Vileplume Jumpluff) for cities.

PichuJumpluffMaster

Jumpluff:TheOnlyDeckToPlay
Any people who are on this forum frequently might realize that I love jumpluff decks. With Reshiram kind of receding, Jumpluff has a chance. So I been toying with too many ideas to play with pluff. I saw Vileplume and it clicked. The decklist literally started flowing into my deck.

Pokemon 26

4-4-4 Jumpluff
2-1-2 Vileplume
2-2 Sunflora
2-2 Yanmega prime
1 pichu

Trainers/Supporters 25

4 Copycat
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Judge
3 Sages training
3 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Professor elms training method
2 professor juniper
1 Cheren
1 Flower shop lady

Energy 9
8 grass
1 rescue

Strategy is to get full bench and Vileplume out ASAP. Sunflora is a search engine to help me start piling in Jumpluff. Yanmega is a backup attacker.

The only problem w/ the strategy I see is decks that can OHKO Jumpluff and survive a hit from him, like a hit from a Reshiboar Reshi or a Magnezone hit.
The list is good, I think you might be able to cut a Elm's TM for a Mew, who would really help this deck kill Gothitelle.
Twins might help, too, but you don't need more than two.

As mentioned above, even though Reshiram is receding in popularity, other decks that use Zone, Zekrom etc still hit really hard and consistently as well. The weakness thing to fire a non-issue when pokemon don't even have 120 HP to survive fire attacks anyway. By using Vileplume, you kinda shut off the ability to use catcher and take those cheap KOs while you can. Jumpluff isn't really that great early game without that pokemon control.

IMO, you should either remove Vileplume and consider catchers and Junk Arms for that control with Jumpluff, or rework the deck so you have some early game with another attacker that isn't Jumpluff.

Keeping in mind that yes, Pichu is there to fill up the bench of both sides which fuels Jumpluff's power, but like I said before, without that pokemon control, you're helping them get set up a turn faster without having to waste a turn to use something like a collector to search out the basics they need, they can use draw support instead to run through their deck faster.

Why not just use Mew to get a Jumpluff in the Lost Zone, and go from there? 90 HP isn't that far from 60, and you get a crap load faster while you're at it.

@JimboJumbo Jumpluff is early game. T1, playground. T2, mass attack for at least 70 damage. If they choose to set up, they're increasing your damage output. After you ko them, with you locking rare candy, communication, etc., they will have a hard time setting up.

I'm not saying it isn't an early game pokemon but wouldn't you agree that his ability as an early game pokemon goes up when you can take those cheap kos off of their setup pokemon with the use of catchers?

Hard time does not mean impossible. I just don't think the two should be used together. Since he is so frail, lots can KO it with ease. Especially with more and more powerful basics showing up, set up just gets easier.

Yes I know that Jumpluff is frail and is slowed down by Vileplume, but this and a blastoise deck are literally all I have. My sister chose Blatoise so I play Jumpluff. I don't have any catcher, and I believe in playing with my favorite card rather than what's good. and I am successful. So if you can give me suggestions about my deck I would much rather hear that instead of this deck has this problem. Please.

I'm all for playing with your favourite card. Now knowing that you don't have access to Catcher changes what I say a little but not too much. Instead, you can use pokemon reversal, it may be flippy, but it does have the same effect.

If you were looking for a Remove/Add list... well it really depends on what kind of decks are being played around you.

Back