• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Thundurus / Deoxys / Kyurem

JdmKicks94

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon
  • 4 Deoxys EX PLF
  • 3 Kyurem PLF
  • 2 Thundurus EX PLF
  • 1 Absol PLF
  • 1 Victini EX PLS
  • 1 Keldeo EX BCR
Trainers
  • 4 Pokémon Catcher
  • 3 Colress Machine
  • 3 Switch
  • 3 Silver Bangle
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Team Plasma Ball
  • 1 Scramble Switch
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Frozen City
Energy
  • 4 Plasma Energy
  • 4 Prism Energy
  • 4 Blend Energy WFLM
  • 1 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy
The strategy of this deck is to rush your opponent with a quick setup while ensuring KO’s with deoxys. I have removed both hypnotoxic laser and virbank city gym in anticipation of Genesect / Virizion decks that will more than likely see lots of play in the upcoming format. I have also teched in a victini ex to combat it. All suggestions are appreciated as this is my first decklist, thanks.

Silver Bangle – Trainer
Item
Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.
If the Pokemon this card is attached to is not a Pokemon-EX, its attacks do 30 more damage to the active Pokemon-EX.
You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Wouldn't Victini be a bit better with a Victory Piece or at least a Plasma Badge so you can Raiden Knuckle to Victini and gain the advantages from Deoxys? I mean, attaching all those energies one at a time is not only slow, but hazardous. I would actually run one Plasma Badge instead of, say, DCE, just to get set up on him with a Raiden Knuckle. Victory Piece is good, however, Scramble Switch is better to keep in. I would also remove one Switch or Tool Scrapper for a Plasma Ball, as running only one in this deck is not a very good idea for consistency.

Plasma Badge would be really good in this deck for Victini, but along with that you can exclude DCE and add better search to replace Dowsing Machine to get that one Plasma Badge against VerGen:
-1 DCE
-1 Switch
-1 Tool Scrapper
-1 Dowsing Machine

+1 Plasma Badge
+1 Plasma Ball
+1 Electric Energy
+1 Computer Search

I too have started altering my current Kyurem-Deoxys-Thundurus (Thundurus does not deserve "top billing" in my deck - lol) now that Plasma Blast is just about to be released.

I suggest the following for your consideration:

-1 Float Stone. With 3 Switch, I do not believe you'll need 2 of these, especially since Team Plasma (TP) deck players seem to now run 2 Tool Scrappers in their decks.

+1 Colress. More card draw support.

-1 Frozen City. I'm still yet not sure how effective Frozen City will be in the upcoming format. Judging from recent conversations with Poké pals at league, most would run a Team Plasma deck at a tournament (if there was one this coming weekend).

+1 Team Plaza Ball. More TP Poké search support.

I also like your Victini EX and just 1 DCE tech... fits nicely with the deck without adding other resources (e.g., TP Badge). Utilizing Scramble Switch too is also a cool idea. Clever...

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Back