Thursday, 8/10, Worlds Stuff, Giovanni Japanese VA dies

RE: Thursday, 8/10, Worlds Stuff

:( I want a celebi..., well, I'm still glad I get the others

I still have to search the cards I want to get autographed.

OMFG

Actual card artists? They were my idols forever, and now they're just so awesome.... wow. Wooooooooooow. And, to be blunt, it sucks for the VA to have died. It is also sad to hear about someone passing away. Yeah.

Thats good new except the VA, hope he rest in peace. I cant wait for the scans, most of all the set list and i really want to know the box topper and if there is any secret cards.

I can't say it isn't sad, lung cancer at that age probably meant that he smoked, so it should be his own fault, but still, a sad loss.

It's the Japanese VA, not the English one. Even though Meowth generally impersonates Giovanni in the fantasies, they'll probably be written out purely out of respect.

Awww... poor guy :(

Well, there goes the whole "Giovanni is Ash's father" bit... of course, I guess now they could actually say Ash's father did die.

No more of meowths "what will the boss do for us now" fantasies... NOOOOOO!! Those were soo funny. Oh well it cant be helped.

Cant wait till saterday then i get CG cards. And i cant wait to see what else is in the set.

The top 20 at worlds... big deal, i got them from ebay and i am not going to worlds. But i hope to go next year.

Wow a lot of news today and it look like the head of team rocket is gone I feel sorry for him and it is sad that he had cancer and I hope we will still have team rocket andif if we don't will we see more of team aqua or magma or will we see more of butch and casady?:)

Some very good news but very sad news as well... I am a huge Team Rocket fan, but I respect the whatever chocie is made in Japan for the anime. In a way it is good DP is coming out there then they can move on to team galaxy if they want to. I am gonnig to miss the "ROCCKKKETOOODAN" yelled often in the Japanes anime.

Maybe they'll have a temp Japanese VA for Giovanni when the mourning period is over if Giovanni is popular enough by the Japanese fans. They did it with a few other Animes with characters having their Jap seiyuus. Yu-Gi-Oh (Second Jap Series) had Satoshi's Seiyuu doing Bakura's voice and in One Piece, the Japanese Narrator does Smoker's
(Chaser in the 4Kids dub for obvious reasons) Seiyuu because the original Seiyuu died. But those characters only had new voice actors beause they were popular in a way.

Another possibility to keep Giovanni out of the series is that the writers will do something like the Team Rocket storyline in G/S/C where Giovanni is missing and they'll do anything to find him.

Back