TPCi Releases Exclusive Pikachu Promo and Merchandise for NBA Rain City Showcase!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Last night TPCi sponsored a basketball game between the LA Clippers and the Portland Trail Blazers. It was held at Seattle’s Climate Pledge Arena as part of its third annual “Rain City Showcase,” which pits the two teams against each other ahead of the NBA season.
Every attendant received a stamped Pikachu promo inside a Tera Charizard sleeve.

Pikachu-Rain-City-Showcase-156x200.jpg

Pikachu-Tera-Charizard-Sleeve-153x200.jpg

Exclusive merchandise was also sold at the event, including hats and pins.

Pokemon-Rain-City-Showcase-Hat-150x200.jpg

Rain-City-Showcase-Pin-183x200.jpg

Rain-City-Showcase-Sticker-150x200.jpg

The Rain City Showcase is a yearly NBA event. Thus, the...

Continue reading...

Very interesting collab, I think it'd be awesome to see this in future events unannounced so folks don't need to deal with scalpers
Except the nature of it being unannounced means you are still dealing with scalpers if you need the card for your collection and were not at the event. As a Pikachu collector, I have no choice but to pay scalper prices if I don’t want a hole in my collection. It goes both ways.

I swear this company intentionally makes main set Pikachu cards basic and bland, while the promos are always the interesting ones. The Pokémon Company is its own worst enemy.

scalper alert
Scalper spotted
Let me guess, you're not keeping any of them.
If you guys actually paid attention to the junk he’s been saying in the comments section of each article you’d know that he’s one of those shameless “investors” that the TCG community just can’t seem to shake off unless he takes a serious loss in revenue or people find out his actual identity (like those idiots bragging about about cleaning out their local Costcos of their Zapdos ex/Alakazam ex combo boxes, people on Twitter quickly found out that it was a local TCG shop doing that kind of shameful behavior).

If you guys actually paid attention to the junk he’s been saying in the comments section of each article you’d know that he’s one of those shameless “investors” that the TCG community just can’t seem to shake off unless he takes a serious loss in revenue or people find out his actual identity (like those idiots bragging about about cleaning out their local Costcos of their Zapdos ex/Alakazam ex combo boxes, people on Twitter quickly found out that it was a local TCG shop doing that kind of shameful behavior).
Wasn't the 151 Costco fiasco some shop in Texas? Not near San Antonio obviously.

Also, if you look at ebay listings of the Pikachu card, you'd see I screenshot a listing and listed the photo here. Merely to show how 1 person got 9 of these cards.

I have no issue with an event like this having exclusive pins, clothing, or even that promo cards since it’s just art from a normal set with a special stamp but an event like this shouldn’t have exclusive sleeves. I hate to tell TPCI but most of the population could care less about basketball
I can’t tell if this is genuine response or straight-up trolling but you can buy the Tera Charizard sleeves online or buy the Charizard ex Premium Collection they’re included in.

I can’t tell if this is genuine response or straight-up trolling but you can buy the Tera Charizard sleeves online or buy the Charizard ex Premium Collection they’re included in.
Not trolling but after reading the post again I’m guessing those were literally the only exclusive items, didn’t realize those were sleeves available with other things. Just made that assumption since the Pokemon company has been rather dumb lately.

Back