Tuesday, 1/24, WB and UPN to Merge, States FAQ Up

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
This update includes:

1. The merging of the WB and UPN
2. State Championship FAQ Up - Winners cannot participate in more than one States

So, does this mean that the CW will still be on Ch. 11?  Or, is this going to create a whole new channel?

Either way, I'd eat them too if they leave out Pokemon. :)

And in the State Championships...there's only 1 big prize (oh yay to getting 16, 8, 4 packs of LM), so good luck to those who aim for the top!

-Holy Star

The WB and UPN merging together to form CW will be interesting if the deal goes through. (I think it has to go up with the FCC for approval.) There was some mentioning of running a weekday kids block, so that may be a sign Pokémon may return to weekdays. I think the question is in which markets which affiliate will give up its programming. Being in upstate South Carolina, our UPN affiliate has news and the WB affiliate does not. CNN, owned by the parent company of the WB, has interest in providing national news service through local affiliates. I will wait to see what happens in September.

Today on CNN (cable news network) I was watching showbiz tonight and they said that pokemon WILL be on the new CW channel and it will be on a diffrent channel after the WB and the UPN are gone and they said shows such as pokemon and the other kids wb shows will be on 6 days a week.:)

Go to cnn.com or cnn.com/hln for more details on the merge.:)

Oh ya I think they will have Yugioh too but I am not sure and I think becker will be there too but I am not sure.:)

WPM could you please delete the duplicate post because when I posted it posted twice again.:)

Thanks.

xxashxx

What Im wondering is tho what is stopping people from competing in two of them if they are back to back (like one saturday and one sunday).

RE:  Tuesday, 1/24, WB and UPN to Merge, States FAQ Up

Holy Star said:
So, does this mean that the CW will still be on Ch. 11?  Or, is this going to create a whole new channel?

Either way, I'd eat them too if they leave out Pokemon. :)

And in the State Championships...there's only 1 big prize (oh yay to getting 16, 8, 4 packs of LM), so good luck to those who aim for the top!

-Holy Star

Good question. I'd assume It'd be on the channel that either UPN or WB was on for you before...

Anyway, this is some interesting info. Hopefully some more news on this will pop up sometime soon.

Did everybody catch yesterdays episodes of pokemon on the WB? The ones where Ash gets his 8th gym badge. I liked the part where Ash used pikachu to blast sealeo's ice balls with his thunder attack. That was sweet and I liked the part where he used pikachu against milotic that was cool too. The part where he used pikachu's headbutt after the gym leader used recover a few times was awesome. This was one of his best matches so far and Ash is now on his way to the pokemon league and I hope he wins and I wonder what pokemon he will use. I guess we will have to wait and find out so keep on watching before the WB is gone forever and the new CW kicks in because the WB will always be a legend for pokemon besides the cartoon network. Oh ya and the ratings are very high for pokemon so keep watching pokemon it lives in your blood.:):)

Oh ya pokemon has been increased to a full hour

The times are:

10:00AM and NOW 10:30AM.:)

Back