• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tweaked Vespiquen

HurricaneGL

Aspiring Trainer
So, I'm attepmting to tweak Vespi to control the board more. I've played just about every iteration of Vespi, so I know all the builds. Tell me what you all think of this one:

Pokemon (26)
Combee x4
Vespiquen x4
Unown x4
Klefki x3
Eevee x3
Espeon GX x2
AOR - Jolteon/Flareon/Vaporeon
Shaymin x3

Supporters (9)
Sycamore x3
N x2
Lysandre x2
Hex Maniac x2

Items (16)
VS Seeker x4
Ultra Ball x4
Trainer's Mail x3
Super Rod x1
Special Charge x2
Float Stone x2

Stadium (2)
Parallel City x2

Energy (7)
DCE x4
Psychic x3

And...here...we...go.

I think this may work a little better with the new Sylveon GX coming soon and using Fairy Garden to give a little more mobility. Then you can use the GX attack there to control the board a little bit more. I've found that Parallel City tends to limit a little bit when the AOR Eeveelutions come out and can miss hitting a damage number just enough in the early game (or mid-game if you end up not hitting the specific target for weakness)

I'm not a huge fan of Sylveon GX right now, definitely need to play test it. The Parallel City is really to accomplish 2 goals. First, option to get rid of Shaymin. Second, weaken grass types.

I'm not a huge fan of Sylveon GX right now, definitely need to play test it. The Parallel City is really to accomplish 2 goals. First, option to get rid of Shaymin. Second, weaken grass types.
try adding a forest or two i personally ran vespiqueen in SLC regionals.

Acro Bike is better in Bees because you want to discard Pokemon as fast as possible. Also, what's Super Rod for? If you play 2 Revitalizer, you'll basically never need Super Rod. All it does is take your Acro Bike space away, and playing only 3 Sycamore is already taking away consistency from your deck as it is. Personally, I'm not a fan of Espeon in Vespi, because I don't like playing basic Energy when I can play more Pokemon(which I think 28 is a must have) and have more consistency. The only thing I would use Espeon for is Mega Mewtwo and/or Yveltal, whereas Mew-Ex saves space, doesn't have to be evolved, and takes care of those matchups better. It kind of makes a person wonder why they considered Espeon in the first place. Anyway, I hoped I helped.

Back