• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tyranitar v (single strike)

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
Haven't played the TCG in a few years and want to get back I to it. Tyranitar is 1 of my favorites and saw that there was a deck of it out there and build this from looking at deck lists I found. Any help is appreciated. I do feel like there should be a 2nd attacker here in this deck

Pokémon - 14
* 4 Tyranitar V PR-SW SWSH109
* 4 Houndour BST 95
* 4 Houndoom BST 96
* 2 Crobat V PR-SW SWSH110

Trainer Cards - 33
* 4 Professor’s Research (Professor Oak) CEL 24
* 4 Marnie SSH 200
* 3 Boss's Orders RCL 189
* 4 Urn of Vitality BST 139
* 3 Cape of Toughness DAA 160
* 4 Quick Ball FST 237
* 3 Switch SSH 183
* 1 Escape Rope BST 125
* 1 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 4 Crushing Hammer SSH 159
* 2 Skaters' Park FST 242

Energy - 13

* 4 Single Strike Energy BST 141
* 3 Capture Energy RCL 171
* 4 Darkness Energy CL 94
* 2 Hiding Darkness Energy DAA 175

Edit: changes in red

Last edited:

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Hi! I'd be happy to help you with your list. Although, admittedly, I myself am hardly an expert. I would like to mention that this deck list is NOT one of the top tier decks in the format, so I will warn you that your win rate may not be very high, but if you enjoy playing your favorite Pokemon and aren't going in expecting to get high win rates, then this list is probably the one for you.
First of all, I am somewhat confused by the inclusion of Powerful Colorless Energy, which provides a damage boost of 20 while being attached to a Colorless Pokemon. It serves no purpose in this deck whatsoever, except as an inferior substitute for basic Darkness Energy that can only satisfy Colorless Energy costs and can be hit by both Crushing Hammer AND fan of waves. Then again, you probably just misread it. I was completely erroneous in my understanding of how scoop up net worked for months, so I can relate. I'm also not sure why Skate Park is in this deck when all the Pokemon can use Hiding Darkness Energy. Hiding Darkness Energy allows the Darkness type Pokemon that it is attached to to retreat for FREE. You have to ATTACH it, of course, but you also aren't having to reattach multiple Energy cards each turn. I would replace all the Powerful Colorless Energy with Hiding Darkness Energy, and perhaps one of two of the basic Energy as well. I say perhaps because at least the basic Energy can't get hit by fan of waves. As for the Skate Park, I would suggest replacing them with two Towers of Darkness (not Tower of Darkness's), which allow you to discard a Single Strike card from your hand to draw two cards, but you might not have enough Single Strike cards in the deck for that. It would certainly add some nice consistency, though. It may be worth checking out the Single Strike supporter cards, but I don't think I am familiar enough with the format to give you any further advise.
Rememer, this is not a top-tier deck and should therefore be treated as a rogue deck. Don't go into an event with very high expectations, but rather observe how the deck performs against certain other types of decks. Also, the current era of the TCG has a reputation for being riddled with autolosses. At this point, unless someone else has any suggestions, the best thing to do would probably be to test this list.
P.S. If you're looking for a secondary tech attacker, Hoopa (Fusion Strike) MIGHT be a good tech, since it's ability makes it a Darkness AND Psychic type, but Galarian Moltres V is probably an infinitely superior selection. It might be worth swapping those Skate Parks out for Galarian Moltres Vs. Actually, you should DEFINITELY include Galarian Moltres V over Tower of Darkness as you will want to fully utilize your Urns and the Houndoom line, meaning that the only thing you will be discarding will be the occasional Tyranitar V. Again, I don't claim to be an expert. I'm just trying to help to the fullest extent that I can.

Last edited:

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
Hi! I'd be happy to help you with your list. Although, admittedly, I myself am hardly an expert. I would like to mention that this deck list is NOT one of the top tier decks in the format, so I will warn you that your win rate may not be very high, but if you enjoy playing your favorite Pokemon and aren't going in expecting to get high win rates, then this list is probably the one for you.
First of all, I am somewhat confused by the inclusion of Powerful Colorless Energy, which provides a damage boost of 20 while being attached to a Colorless Pokemon. It serves no purpose in this deck whatsoever, except as an inferior substitute for basic Darkness Energy that can only satisfy Colorless Energy costs and can be hit by both Crushing Hammer AND fan of waves. Then again, you probably just misread it. I was completely erroneous in my understanding of how scoop up net worked for months, so I can relate. I'm also not sure why Skate Park is in this deck when all the Pokemon can use Hiding Darkness Energy. Hiding Darkness Energy allows the Darkness type Pokemon that it is attached to to retreat for FREE. You have to ATTACH it, of course, but you also aren't having to reattach multiple Energy cards each turn. I would replace all the Powerful Colorless Energy with Hiding Darkness Energy, and perhaps one of two of the basic Energy as well. I say perhaps because at least the basic Energy can't get hit by fan of waves. As for the Skate Park, I would suggest replacing them with two Towers of Darkness (not Tower of Darkness's), which allow you to discard a Single Strike card from your hand to draw two cards, but you might not have enough Single Strike cards in the deck for that. It would certainly add some nice consistency, though. It may be worth checking out the Single Strike supporter cards, but I don't think I am familiar enough with the format to give you any further advise.
Rememer, this is not a top-tier deck and should therefore be treated as a rogue deck. Don't go into an event with very high expectations, but rather observe how the deck performs against certain other types of decks. Also, the current era of the TCG has a reputation for being riddled with autolosses. At this point, unless someone else has any suggestions, the best thing to do would probably be to test this list.
P.S. If you're looking for a secondary tech attacker, Hoopa (Fusion Strike) MIGHT be a good tech, since it's ability makes it a Darkness AND Psychic type, but Galarian Moltres V is probably an infinitely superior selection. It might be worth swapping those Skate Parks out for Galarian Moltres Vs. Actually, you should DEFINITELY include Galarian Moltres V over Tower of Darkness as you will want to fully utilize your Urns and the Houndoom line, meaning that the only thing you will be discarding will be the occasional Tyranitar V. Again, I don't claim to be an expert. I'm just trying to help to the fullest extent that I can.
yeah, must have read the powerful energy wrong. Will replace them. I did think of hiding darkness energy,but didn't include it since i thought now it might make the deck too much energy. Skate park was used over tower of darkness since there aren't much cards to discard for it and with skate park, you can return the energy to hand instead of discarding to use the energy again. I did think of moltres v as a secondary attacker,but that would make me have to run 4+ dark energies and having to damage myself along with houndoom damage kinda hurts me, so i didn't commit to him. Moltres or hoopa(with more dark energies) might be the best 2nd attacker to use though

Another thing was that I was thinking of adding Piers in to grab any energy and dark poke when needed,but idk how well it would actually be used

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
yeah, must have read the powerful energy wrong. Will replace them. I did think of hiding darkness energy,but didn't include it since i thought now it might make the deck too much energy. Skate park was used over tower of darkness since there aren't much cards to discard for it and with skate park, you can return the energy to hand instead of discarding to use the energy again. I did think of moltres v as a secondary attacker,but that would make me have to run 4+ dark energies and having to damage myself along with houndoom damage kinda hurts me, so i didn't commit to him. Moltres or hoopa(with more dark energies) might be the best 2nd attacker to use though

Another thing was that I was thinking of adding Piers in to grab any energy and dark poke when needed,but idk how well it would actually be used
Wow! Sounds like you already understand the format better than me!
However, I would still strongly recommend opting for Hiding Darkness Energy over Skate Park. You're probably good if you swap the Strong Energy for Hiding Energy. If you want to include a Stadium card (as insurance against such cards as Path to the Peak or other oppressive stadiums), maybe you could play Galar Mine No. 2, since Hiding Darkness Energy nullifies Darkness Pokemon's retreat costs? I don't know what else to say, I just don't think that Skate Park is a wise play when you have access to Hiding Darkness Energy. Tyranitar requires enough energy to attack as it is, why settle for returning it to your hand when you can just retreat for free? Actually, you could even just play both, if you're looking for an at least marginally useful stadium card that can also bump threats like path to the peak. As for Piers, I don't know what to say, but if you don't think that baby Moltres or Hoopa will serve, perhaps you could tech something like Gengar V, Umbreon V, or even Dubwool V. Which doesn't help if you're looking for single prize techs. I'm afraid that's all the input I can offer. It would be wonderful if someone else with more experience could offer their input. Hope I was able to help again!

Mr.Ferrari

Torterra.
-1 Houndour BST 95
-1 Houndoom BST 96
-3 boss order
-4 Marnie SSH 200
-2 Urn of Vitality BST 139
-3 Cape of Toughness DAA 160
-4 Crushing Hammer SSH 159
-2 Skaters' Park FST 242
-3 Capture Energy RCL 171
-2 hiding dark energy
-4 crushing hammer
=29

+3 choice belt
+5 dark energy
+3 serena
+3 Darkpatch
+1-1 Darkrai v star
+4 pokestop
+1 galarian moltres (some basic non v attacker for miltank houndoom is not enough)
+4 trekking shoes
+1 galarian moltres V
+1 oranguru (primate wisdom)
1-1 Umbreon V max
=29

-Ive been playing this style of Ttar for a bit I personally try to end the game as fast play high counts so you dont care what you discard
-darkrai v star helps you get back important Item cards
-darkpatch helps get out T tar asap
-serena is the new boss also helps with draw support
-pokestop lets you search for items since you play so many also helps pitch dark energy to discard
-trekking shoes helps you dig through your deck
-oranguru helps you not discard card you want
-galarian moltres v is a good back up attacker that sets itself up (dont need this really but its nice)
-umbreon v max goes great with the single strike stuff you have and its ability is great.

kind of changes everything but hope this helps <3<3<3

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
-1 Houndour BST 95
-1 Houndoom BST 96
-3 boss order
-4 Marnie SSH 200
-2 Urn of Vitality BST 139
-3 Cape of Toughness DAA 160
-4 Crushing Hammer SSH 159
-2 Skaters' Park FST 242
-3 Capture Energy RCL 171
-2 hiding dark energy
-4 crushing hammer
=29

+3 choice belt
+5 dark energy
+3 serena
+3 Darkpatch
+1-1 Darkrai v star
+4 pokestop
+1 galarian moltres (some basic non v attacker for miltank houndoom is not enough)
+4 trekking shoes
+1 galarian moltres V
+1 oranguru (primate wisdom)
1-1 Umbreon V max
=29

-Ive been playing this style of Ttar for a bit I personally try to end the game as fast play high counts so you dont care what you discard
-darkrai v star helps you get back important Item cards
-darkpatch helps get out T tar asap
-serena is the new boss also helps with draw support
-pokestop lets you search for items since you play so many also helps pitch dark energy to discard
-trekking shoes helps you dig through your deck
-oranguru helps you not discard card you want
-galarian moltres v is a good back up attacker that sets itself up (dont need this really but its nice)
-umbreon v max goes great with the single strike stuff you have and its ability is great.

kind of changes everything but hope this helps <3<3<3
What does the +1-1 mean?

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
+1-1 means add a 1 - 1 evolution line of that Pokémon.
For example, 1 Darkrai V & 1 Darkrai Vstar, its evolution. Same idea with Umbreon.
You need to play the Basic V first, then evolve it.
thanks. my brain kinda went south here where i thought of it being add 1 darkrai or remove it from seeing the -1 lol