• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Umbretar "Umbreon/Tyranitar" (Masters, Any)

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon (22)

3-2-3 Tyranitar Prime
3-3 Umbreon UD
1-1 Absol G Lv. X
2 Spiritomb AR
2 Uxie LA
1 Mesprit LA
1 Azelf LA

Trainers/Supporters (20)

4 Pokemon Collector
3 Bebe's Search
3 Expert Belt
3 Interviewer's Questions
3 Seeker
2 Rare Candy
2 Palmer's Contribution

Stadiums (3)

3 Broken Time-Space

Energies (15)

7 Dark
4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Special Dark

Deck Total: 60

This deck is basically designed to try to counter against LostGar and VileGar, If LostGar tries to use Omastar for Primal Swirl I simply Psychic Bind with Mesprit to prevent them from doing so on their next turn. Umbreon is in the deck for Moonlight Fang to shut Pokemon down with Poke-Powers and or Bodies.

You want to get Umbreon setup before T-Tar so that you can stall
with Moonlight Fang while you setup T-Tar Prime on your bench and it's a good strategy against Fighting decks like Donphan Prime and Machamp variants which seems to be the most challenging for it I suppose. It's still interesting to say the least.

I figured I should run an Absol G Lv. X tech incase they run Omastar for Primal Swirl plus it's a Basic which is moot and has Gengar Prime's weakness as well. Do you think I should run a 2-2 Absol G Lv. X line to ensure I have a backup incase Absol G gets sent to the Lost Zone from Gengar Prime?

Any advice, comments, and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I'd try 4 Rare Candies, and maybe 2 BTS.

Play only 2 Expert Belts, as you only need 3 in shuffledraw decks.

Play 2 Seekers and no Mespirit. I'd also play 4-3-4 T-tar.

Max out the 'tombs.

Otherwise, looks pretty good.

Back