Ruling Unown G questions

Kiseki

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, i have a few questions regarding Unown G

When he is attached to one of my pokemon,

Does he prevent my Basic Pokemon from being KO from Machamp's "Take Out" effect from Stormfront Set? In that case, he is allowed to do 40 of damage or is stuck into not doing damage and only the effect?

If a attack says "put X damage counters on the defending pokemon" (like for example Gengar's shadow room attack from SF) Unown G guards my pokemon againts it? or he is allowed to put damage counters?

If theorically, a effect of attack allows my opponent to discard a poketool attached to my pokemon (i cant remember a example right now tough), he can discard Unown G?

Thanks for the responces.

1) Unown G prevents Basic Pokemon from being KO'd by Machamp's Take Out. Since Take Out says "that Pokemon is Knocked Out instead of taking damage", that Pokemon no longer takes damage and is the target of an attack effect...which Unown G blocks.

2) Placing damage counters is an effect of an attack. Unown G will block Gengar SF's Shadow Room and similar attacks.

3) He cannot discard Unown G, as, once again, discarding a tool is an effect of an attack. An example? Pachirisu GE's Smash Short.

Hope this helps!

Back