Discussion Unpopular Opinions!

Artemis

Aspiring Trainer
Do you have some unpopulars opnions about Pokemon? Post here!

• I still like ORAS Tabitha.
  • Gen V is one of the best in the series.
  • I prefer GSC over HGSS.
  • Ultra Beasts were a bad idea. I'm not a fan of Gen VII in general.
  • And probably many more.

Last edited:

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
  • Gen V far outshines Gen 1, in my opinion.
  • I actually love the neon green Shinies. (Espeon, Mewtwo, etc)
  • Trubbish line is better than Geodude line.
  • Entei is my favorite Legendary Beast.
  • Suicune is my least favorite Legendary Beast.
  • I like the based-on-inanimate-object Ultra Beasts (like Celesteela and Xurkitree) better than the based-on-animals ones (like Pheromosa and Buzzwole.)

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
  • I love the Vanillite and Trubbish lines
  • I find Pokemon based on inanimate objects to be generally be a lot more creative than the generic-animal-with-an-elemental-pattern ones.
  • With a couple of exceptions, I actually really like most of the starters middle forms.
  • I don't wanna see any more Eeveelutions; they're a tired concept and I'd rather see something new.
  • I find Gen 1 overrated.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
  • N is the worst character in the franchise
  • Team Plasma are the worst team, like literally Gen 5 is great apart from the story
  • X and Y has a good story (better than Gen 5)
  • Alola is a boring region to explore
  • Tierno is the best rival
  • Hau and Gladion are boring characters
  • Dunsparce is one of the cutest Pokemon (cuter than Goomy)
  • I don't want Nebby to get back in the bag

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
  • Team RR SUCKS as a whole(i want to fight primals against Archie and Maxie)
  • Team RR Giovanni is amazing however
  • Love Gen 3
  • Stakataka rules
  • That sorry excuse for fireworks is terrible

Last edited:

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
  • Team RR SUCKS as a whole(i want to fight primals against Archie and Maxie)
  • Team RR Giovanni is amazing however
  • Love Gen 3
  • HATE Gen 5
  • Stakataka rules
  • That sorry excuse for fireworks is terrible
I would like to see your pile of bricks do anything in VGC xD. My ‘sorry excuse for fireworks’, on the other hand, will wreck face for the foreseeable future. Anyway:

1. ORAS Archie and Maxie are much better than RS Archie and Maxie.
2. All of the Gen 1 starters are savagely overrated.
3. I HATE Latios and Latias.
4. Rowlet, Dartrix and Decidueye are the greatest starters ever created.
5. Best Ultra Beast is Blacephalon.
6. Best evil team leader is Lysandre
7. N is a terrible and pointless character.
8. I agree with Artemis that ORAS Tabitha is better.

Thiago Fernandes

Aspiring Trainer
Here's mine:
1. Minor antagonists and legendary beasts shouldn't be elongated to major roles.
2. I was never bothered with Ash earning badges without finishing a battle.
3. Silver has one of the best character growths, but he starts out as one of the worst rivals.
4. I have an ironic enjoyment towards Best Wishes for its minor characters, soundtrack remixes and superior animation.
5. WE DON'T NEED A DIAMOND AND PEARL REMAKE, for the love of-
6. The anime should never follow the rules of the games, otherwise we would never have funny WTF moments like Thunder Armor. XD
7. Giovanni is one of the best villains just for being a sophisticated slime.
8. Battle Frontier is one of the worst series of the anime.
9. Growing Anxiety and Deep Within the Hideout are sadly underrated tracks that deserve more love.
10. My favorite movie is Rise of Darkrai and my least favorite movie is Celebi: The Voice of the Forest

FossilJockeyMG

Pokémon Paleontologist
1) Pokémon based on inanimate objects can be pretty cool.
2) Team Rocket (in the games) is a very one dimensional team. Later teams are better (except Plasma in BW).
3) Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are some of the lamest legendaries due to their weak lore when compared to later generations.
4) Platinum was probably the best pokémon game ever.
5) Cyrus is underrated as a quality villain.
6) I prefer "evil" Lusamine from SuMo to whatever she was in USUM. She was... I dunno... neevil? (Look it up)
7) I like the concept of the Ultra Beasts, but not necessarily how they were included in the plot of SuMo, USUM does a better job, but still not great.
8) Pokémon that lack clear facial features are weird. (Starmie, Nihilego, etc)
9) Rivals don't have to be jerks, but they do need to be interesting.
10) I actually really like when the plot centers around some regional lore and Gen IV did it best by incorporating most the the region's legendaries in the Galactic plot.
11) I don't think Pokémon ever needs to be an MMO.
12) I don't think there ever has to be a Pokémon game with all regions. Multiple regions, sure, but not all.
13) I actually really like the concept of Megas, Z-Moves , and Regional formes and how they can, hypothetically, make weaker pokémon viable (Mega Mawile, Kommo-O, Alolan Marowak). However, there needs to be more of a push to give those new mechanics to pokémon that have fallen to the wayside or to new pokémon. See #14.
14) As much as I like Charizard and Mewtwo, they need to stop giving them so much. They each got two Megas. If the armor evolution thing is real, and they also get that, then I'll be upset. I also don't want to see Pikachu get anything else for a few generations....
15) GOROCHU DOES NOT NEED TO HAPPEN. It was dropped for balance reasons in Gen I. Times have moved on and we have a ton of Pikachu-centric items (Light Ball and TWO Z-crystals) and mechanics as well as Alolan Raichu and its signature Z-Move. That is enough.

Last edited:

Wechselbalg

brb
1. I don't like Guzma.
2. Team Skull was only mildly funny.
3. SuMo Lusamine>USUM Lusamine.
4. Lillie became more annyoing after her "style" change.
5. Ultra Beasts and Tapus are among the best creature designs in all of the Pokemon games.
6. I don't want gyms to return. (Or at least not the way they were done in gen 1-6.)
7. Gen 5 has a lot of good pokemon and is a good gen in general. (Apart from Team Plasma.)
8. Hoenn is the most boring region. Most of the gen 3 pokemon are cool tho.
9. The Hoenn starters are all boring.
10. Latios and Latias look stupid.
11. Team Galactic was the best evil team.
12. Sinnoh has the best lore and gen 4 is the best.
13. I like Delphox's design. (And I'm not a furry.) I don't like Braixen though.
14. I'd like more Ultra Beasts.
15. Meganium looks good as a final evolution.
16. The Blastoise line is the most boring Kanto starter line.
17. I don't hate Pikachu clones.
18. Purugly is not ugly!!!!
19. I'd like new megas and I find the lore of mega evolution being painful for pokemon unecessary and stupid.
20. Burmy is the cutest pokemon.
21. I think it's good that the scrapped designs that keep getting revealed never made it into the games because they all look worse than their reimagined versions. They were scrapped for a reason.

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
This thread keeps getting necrobumped. Odd.

I'll take this opportunity to say that I think Sun and Moon has a terrible story and bland characters, and are, in my opinion, some of if not THE worst games in the series though. <3

iGeek256

I only use Electric types. Help me
This thread keeps getting necrobumped. Odd.

I'll take this opportunity to say that I think Sun and Moon has a terrible story and bland characters, and are, in my opinion, some of if not THE worst games in the series though. <3
No, I actually only found out that it was 2 years because you posted that. :)

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
Gen 1 Pokemon and Kanto's geography are probably my least favorite (although I still haven't gotten around to playing gen 7).
Gen 5 is fine.
Sinnoh wasn't a particularly interesting region.
Realistic Pokemon, even if it's just Pokken levels are a bad idea.
Game Freak is holding the games back through laziness and generally not being great developers but I'll probably continue to play and enjoy all the games for the foreseeable future.
Pokemon games being increasingly linear isn't that big of a deal although more freedom and focus on exploration would be nice.
Incineroar's design is not bad although still not great.
I feel similarly about Charizard's design.
The games' plots have pretty much never surpassed mediocrity, but making them darker is not a good fix.
Scorbunny and Sobble are fine albeit a bit generic, but Grookey is kinda ugly.
Empoleon and Infernape aren't particularly appealing designs.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
I would like to see your pile of bricks do anything in VGC xD. My ‘sorry excuse for fireworks’, on the other hand, will wreck face for the foreseeable future.
Which one turned out to be more common in VGC? The LEGOS.
Anyway...

The news cycle for SwSh is fine

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
- I like the Vanilluxe line.
- I don’t like Black and White
- The legendary dogs are poorly designed for the most part.