Ruling venusaur cg question (going to league tonight need answer)

violent23

Aspiring Trainer
ok so my active pokemon is venusaur cg i am using green blast i have a grass energy and a react energy on him i put down a boost energy does the move do 70 damage if thats my only pokemon with energy on him? in other words do i count the energys needed to do the move in the first place.

Venusaurs Power only works for card that only provide 1 C. (Holon's Magnetorb, React, Warp, Recycle n Cyclone and some others)
So since you only have 1 G and the React counts as a G too, you'd do 40 damage. Conclusion: you shouldn't use Boosts with Venusaur, it won't work.

Thats person, the whole point of this deck is to use boost. I'm not the first person using this deck. I have never heard anyone ever say his pokebody does not work with boost.

Read the card. It says "all cards that only provide 1 C energy" and since Boost provides CCC, I assume it wouldn't work. It might be a misprint tho?

It says "energy cards that provide only C energy now provide G energy instead".

The "only" means that the energy card cannot supply anything but Colourless symbols. Boost works.

I see. Well, they should've said 'that only provides C energy/energies' or something. Would be a lot less debatable that way.

Back