• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Venusaur & Friends

megadeth52

That guy who listens to your parents's music
Hello! I'm a semi-new member, and I have a deck called "Blastoise Speed Deck" based around Deluging on MewTwo and such. And with Mega Venusaur EX coming out soon, I thought of a great idea with my brother. Here's the low-down...

Pokémon (Total: 16)
  • 3 Venusaur EX (X&Y)
  • 3 Mega Venusaur EX (X&Y)
  • 2 Roselia (DR-X)
  • 2 Roserade (DR-X)
  • 2 Celebi EX (BDR-K)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (LT or RC)
  • 2 Feebas (DR-X)
  • 2 Milotic (DR-X)
  • 2 Exeggcute (PLS-B)

Trainers (Total: 29)
  • 2 Heavy Ball
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 2 Pokémon Catcher
  • 1 Energy Search
  • 1 Gold Potion (ACE-SPEC)
  • 3 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 4 Float Stone
  • 1 N
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 Professor Juniper
  • 4 Skyla
  • 3 Virbank City Gym

Energy
  • 3 Rainbow Energy (X&Y)
  • 10 Leaf Energy

...So, from the get-go, the deck is pretty weird. But, I have a reason for every card below. Please brace yourself as there is lots of words. BEGIN...

Strategy
  • 3 Venusaur EX (X&Y) & 3 Mega Venusaur EX (X&Y)
    This is the main part of the deck. You get a Venusaur on the field and try to evolve into Mega Venusaur as fast as possible. Several cards in this deck help to get Venusaur out, help Venusaur with the energys, etc. And make sure to get everything done BEFORE you evolve into Mega Venusaur EX, because evolving into Mega's will end your turn right there.
  • 2 Roselia (DR-X) and 2 Roserade (DR-X)
    If I evolve Roselia into Roserade, I can search my deck for any 1 card and put it into my hand. ANY CARD. Isn't that great?
  • 2 Celebi EX (BDR-K)
    With Celebi EX's ability, I can use the attacks of previous evolutions. Which means, If I evolve into Mega Venusaur EX, I can use the attacks of Venusaur EX. So, If I use Crisis Vine for 120 with Mega Venusaur EX on an EX Pokémon, then the next turn (If I'm not knocked out) I can use Jungle Hammer with Venusaur EX and knock out the opponent AND heal 30 damage from Mega Venusaur EX.
  • 2 Shaymin EX (LT or RC or NX-D)
    Shaymin EX is good for first turn with Venusaur on the bench. So, I can use Synthesis for 1 energy on Venusaur. Then, keep doing that until I can fuel up a Venusaur EX.
  • 2 Feebas (DR-X) and 2 Milotic (DR-X)
    This is like an attack version of Roserade. With a Rainbow Energy (Which they are re-printing in X&Y :D) on Milotic, I can use Clear Search with 1 Rainbow energy and search my deck for any 3 cards and put them into my hand. 3 WHOLE CARDS. Every deck should have this card.
  • 2 Heavy Ball
    For searching my deck for Venusaur EX and Mega Venusaur EX.
  • 3 Ultra Ball
    For searching for any Pokémon; Using Exeggcute for discarding because of Propaghation. (Totally spelt that wrong)
  • 1 Level Ball
    For searching for low HP Pokémon like Feebas and Roselia.
  • 2 Pokémon Catcher
    Just in case. ;)
  • 1 Energy Search
    To get some energy. Might take out.
  • 1 Gold Potion (ACE-SPEC)
    The only ACE-SPEC that really fits for this deck. If I ever need to heal damage.
  • 3 Hypnotoxic Laser
    For Virbank City Gym
  • 4 Float Stone
    For all of my Pokémon.
  • 1 N
    To shuffle if I get a crap hand
  • 1 Colress
    See above.
  • 1 Professor Juniper
    See above
  • 4 Skyla
    To search for Trainers. Every deck should have at least 2 or 3 of these.
  • 3 Virbank City Gym
    For Hypnotoxic Laser and Venusaur with 60 and Poison.
Feedback is appreciated as always!

~megadeth52

Attachments

• Venusaur & Friends.txt
    548 bytes · Views: 3
-2 Milotic
-2 Feebas
-2 Exeggcute
+3 Juniper
+3 N

You wouldn't need that many Pokemon with built in search if you ran a decent amount of Supporters. If you played a draw Supporter every turn, those cards would just be in your hand to begin with, and you could start doing more important stuff like taking prizes. Also you don't need Exeggcute because the only time you could use it would be for your 3 Ultra Ball, and that's it. It would make more since to have cards that benefit you AND could be used as Ultra Ball fodder rather than just the latter. At any rate, no deck should have more than two. It increases the odds of starting with it, which can end in donks, takes up space, and is just unnecessary.

Back