Question VPN Is Not Working While Playing 'Pokémon Go'

FeltonSchmidt

Aspiring Trainer
Hello there, friends. I've recently encountered a strange problem while playing 'Pokémon Go' on my PC. The VPN is not working when I play this game. I'm not sure what the problem could be. Could someone please assist me in resolving the problem?

FeltonSchmidt

Aspiring Trainer
When I didn't find any useful information, I started searching on Google and came across some articles like this one. Actually, the problem occurred when using the Betternet VPN; this problem occurred only when using the VPN. Because when I installed another VPN, such as Proton VPN, it worked perfectly. I did not encounter any dangerous issues while playing the game. In any case, thank you very much.

mehwish.yati

Aspiring Trainer
When I didn't find any useful information, I started searching on Google and came across some articles like this one. Actually, the problem occurred when using the Betternet VPN; this problem occurred only when using the VPN. Because when I installed another VPN, such as Proton VPN, it worked perfectly. I did not encounter any dangerous issues while playing the game with cheats here. In any case, thank you very much.
No. It is not a problem if your VPN server is located far from your real location and the IP address assigned to you by the VPN server territorial on the other side of the world. During my visits to the EU, I use a Spanish Orange SIM card and always have an IP address that IP Location Finders recognize as Spanish (almost the same case for PoGo as using VPN). I've never had a problem with it. Even in Lublin, Poland, which is 1900 kilometres away from Barcelona (Location Finders recognize my IP as one in it). So IP "location" means nothing, and Niantic will never ban users based on IP "location."

Last edited: