WARNING: EBAY MEMBER TO STEER CLEAR OF

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

Aspiring Trainer
I had the unfortunate experience of buying cards from eBay seller tristananddevinw. If you care at all about the condition of the cards for your collection you buy, I would highly recommend that you steer clear of this seller.

I got four cards in one auction: 2 Moonlight Stadium, 1 Gliscor LV. X, and 1 Reverse Holo Crystal Type Charizard from Skyridge. The first 3 cards were something I was picking up for kids at the League I run for decks they wanted to make for CC's. The condition on those cards was irrelevant and were not ofissue.

The Crystal Charizard, however was for my collection and I needed it to be mint or very close. The auction described it as near mint. I went a step further and consulted the seller as to the exact condition and he said the card was near flawless.

However when I received the card, it was only in Fine condition (35%mint). The back of the card is heavily buffed with white edges on all four sides and had several deep scratches. The front had so many micro scratches that the card was no longer even shiny.

I immediately sent the seller an email as to the card's condition which he never responded to. League came and I fulfilled my promise and gave the three cards to the kids in need. The next day, the seller finally got back with me saying to return the cards and he would refund my money less shipping. I let him know that wasn't possible as I had already given 3 of the 4 cards away since he neglected returning my email, but I would be open to a partial refund. I wasn't going to be like that to the kids in my League and take the cards back.

Long story shortened (a bit): he refuses to use any common sense and work toward an amicable solution. He also thinks he is entitled to the shipping costs, even though he fraudulently described the card's condition. I would have never paid the shipping costs, as I would have never bought the cards in the first place, had he been honest from the get-go.

I suggest that you don't do any business with him. If he did it once, he will be sure to do it again.

Sorry to hear you had an experience like that with an eBay seller. You really take some chances when buying on eBay. Some sellers will work with you and some will not. There are a lot of good sellers and a lot of bad sellers. My advice is to check for complaints in their feedback about condition, and only buy from people with hundreds of positive transactions and no negative feedbacks. Usually you can't go wrong with those sellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back