• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Water / Dark Deck (Blastiose EX / Zoroark)

Terridactual

Swimming through Hoenn
Pokemon:
  • Blastoise EX (XY)
  • Zoroark x2 (Dark Explorers)
  • Zoura x4 (Dark Explorers)
  • Empoleon (Dark Explorers)
  • Prinplup x2 (Dark Explorers)
  • Piplup x3 (Dark Explorers)
  • Glaceon (Dark Explorers)
  • Eevee x2 (Dark Explorers)
  • Vullaby x2 (Dark Explorers)
  • Inkay (XY)
  • Sableye (XY)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • Energy Retrieval x3
  • Great Ball x2
  • Crushing Hammer x2
  • Potion x2
  • Bianca x3
  • Cheren x2
  • Cilan x2
  • Shauna x2
  • Professor's Letter x2
  • Red Card
  • Max Revive
  • Muscle Band
  • Rocky Helmet
  • Pokemon Centre x2
  • Skyarrow bridge
Energy:
  • Dark Energy x6
  • Water Energy x6

Strategy:
(It's a first for me making a deck for the first time so excuse me if my logic sounds completely rusty)

This deck is aimed to be somewhat speedy and to be fast as well as being able to attack the benched pokemon as well as the active pokemon and to cause mayhem by switching out the opponents active pokemon and discarding their hands.

Starting with the pokemon themselves, Blastiose EX's Rapid Spin would be helpful in this deck due to damage that it causes to benched pokemon and is also useful to retreat if the pokemon has a status condition but I'm also giving the opponent that option as well. Zoura's Ascension helps with quick evolving into a Zoroark so it's gives me the chance to evolve it during attack or wait a couple of turns, use Acension and then use my Zoroark's Dark Rush since Brutal Bash probably wouldn't help a lot. Glaceon's Reflect Energy would help in certain situations of pokemon lacking energy. The others that I haven't mentioned are going to be casually used as just attackers.

With Trainer/Support/Stadiums. Bianca and Cheren are there to help if my hand is dreadful, Energy Search and Energy Retrieval helps to find most energy quickly that may become useful during my turns. Crushing Hammer takes away energy but only if I get heads but this will still be useful against certain types of strong pokemon that my opponent may have.

Any suggestions or improvements I can make to this deck? Please note that I would love to use this deck for competitive battling (or meta-game, I think is the term you guys use but I don't highly understand it yet) and to use at Nationals and Regionals as well as a club in my local area which is highly focused on legal cards.

Thanks~ :)

Edits:
14th May:
- 2 Bunnelby
+ 1 Inkay
+ Sableye

17th May:
- 4 Energy Retrieval
+ 2 Shauna
+ 2 Professor's Letter

Well, I'll take out Bunnelby and Lapras, in favor of more Dark-type Pokémon. That way you can hit harder. ;)

Luispipe8 said:
Well, I'll take out Bunnelby and Lapras, in favor of more Dark-type Pokémon. That way you can hit harder. ;)

Ahh okay, sure thing!
Maybe some of the Sandile Family from the XY set might be appropriate choice for that then like Sandile and Korkorok? I don't really want to put any more Zouras in since I think I've got more of enough of them to support Zoroark.

I'm happy about my pokés at the moment but argggh, I feel like my trainers are all misplace and stuff, I feel like they don't fit right at all ;^;

Oh, we agree on that, the trainers are a mess... XD It's just that, since you told me before that you had nothing better, I'm putting it to a side FOR NOW. In a few hours, when I hit my desk, I'll see what trainers could help. But do try to get 4 N and 4 Juniper.

Whoops, I forgotten that I sent you my list of cards to you, aha. I completely forgot and didn't realize!

Onto the topic, I'll seriously will go off and buy the single Trainer staples at some point (possibly at the end of May when I'm going into town) since I need to get a couple of packs from the Plasma series for a deck list that someone gave me. I'm guess Sycamore works as the same as well so I'll get a couple of them whilst I'm at it.

If you're looking for a couple copies of the staple trainers that you can just buy right now, the Red Genesect box gives you 2 Skyla, Juniper, and N.

Ah, yes, of course, I'll look into the Red Genesect box as well ;)

Bit of a update, I've managed to pull some of the trainers out of the XY packs yesterday that'll possibly help such as 2 Professor's Letter, 1 Professor Sycamore and 1 Shauna so hopefully that'll sort out the mess of trainers that I've got at the moment. I'm tempted to mess around with the Pokés since I've gotten another Inkay and it's evolution but I don't feel it would be a good idea because of Zoroark.

I was also thinking about Empoleon's Diving Draw since I have to discard a card for one of it's attacks since I can't see much worth of discarding if that makes sense? Unless the spare Zouras come into use there...

Hopefully I'll be able to test it out this weekend coming (24th) since I'm going to the Pokémon League near me for the first time so it's really the only chance I can really do it since nobody plays near me.

Bump!

Well I've got a update, this deck did pretty well yesterday, it managed to beat a Keldeo/Blastiose Deck within the 5th rematch (the guy was really good with it so kudos to him for getting a lot of wins) with Empoleon w/ Rocky Helmet, Zoroark was pretty much dealing damage and was dealing quick damage pretty fast. Blastiose EX didn't come out until the 5th rematch with Keldeo/Blastiose.

Personally, after I've played with it a bit more now, I think it needs a heck load of Professor Sycamore's for drawing power and the many rusty hands I got, I've still got one but hopefully I'll be able to get packs this weekend coming. Just drawing power is a main need here for the deck I think.

supershehulk said:
Also get a X and Y Zorua, it lets you search for any card.

Well, TBH, I like having the Ascension Zorua in case you go second, so I'd recommend that one better.

supershehulk: Sorry man but I've gotta agree with Luis here since I can evolve quicker by using Dark Explorer's Zoura and I also have Emploeon's Ability, Driving Draw to help me discard from my hand to draw two cards when I need to.

Right, I've played with a couple of more people now and I seriously need to kick out some Trainers/Supports that are focused on energy since there is too many of them in there! I know I need staples, I've looked in the single card boxes, there doesn't seem to be any Trainers/Supports that could be used for my benefit although there's Corless but I'm not so sure if it could work? Just maybe since I seem to fill my spots really quickly on the bench in games.

Still gonna try looking for them Ns and Sycamores (only because I think Jupiter will be rotated out soon/next year/when they do the rotations) although I haven't seen any yet

Back