Ruling Weakness X2

Saber32

Aspiring Trainer
My six year old son just got a booster pack and I noticed that some of the higher lvl pokemon have weaknes with a x2 next to it. Does this mean it take 2 times the total damage if attacked from that pokemon. I believe it does but no where in the rule books does it show that. Just trying to clear it up.

Thanks

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, the Pokemon will take two times the total damage done to that Pokemon.

grasspokemonmaster

Aspiring Trainer
If it has no symbol next to it, it means X2. If it has a +10 sign next to it, you do 10 extra damage. If it has +20, then you do 20 more damage. It can go up to +40. On SP and LV. X cards, it usually/always says X2.

You know, I'm not much older than your son.

No need to thank me. :)

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
It's like it was with the old cards. Any attack the card is weak to will do double damage. But, some cards have an extra increase instead of doubling the attack power.

Enlyten

Professional
Saber32 said:
My six year old son just got a booster pack and I noticed that some of the higher lvl pokemon have weaknes with a x2 next to it. Does this mean it take 2 times the total damage if attacked from that pokemon. I believe it does but no where in the rule books does it show that. Just trying to clear it up.

Thanks

yes, the pokemon takes twice the damage and if the attack needed two or more of different types of energies and oone is a resistance for your pokemon... then also apply resistance..
That is incorrect. Basic Energy Types do not affect either weakness nor resistance. Please refrain from answering unless you are completely sure of the answer and are backed with some textual support. You have been warned.
~Zyflair

Zyflair

Yes, sir. Of course, sir.
Advanced Member
grasspokemonmaster said:
If it has no symbol next to it, it means X2.
That's misleading, for a Pokémon card have neither an energy type symbol nor addition/multiplier symbol in the weakness section. In that case, the Pokémon simply has no weakness at all.

TDA

I know gliscor's future :P
I think he meant the symbol(number) next to the listed type.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Zyflair said:
That's misleading, for a Pokémon card have neither an energy type symbol nor addition/multiplier symbol in the weakness section. In that case, the Pokémon simply has no weakness at all.

Actually, in the ex series, under Weakness, it would just have a Symbol there indicating x2 Weakness. Look some old cards up on the main page to see what I'm talking about.

dmaster out.