BW/BW2 What Are Your Metronome Experiences?

Equinox

Stallwart Player
This is for all generations, so if a Mod would like to put this elsewhere, go ahead. This can be in-game or on Pokemon Online (PO).

My first experience was in Pokemon Coliseum when they had the Metronome Tournaments, I got a Geodude, and the first turn I used it, I got Fly!

My second experience was in Soul Silver, when I was training Togepi I used it, and I got Blast Burn the first turn, then Outrage on the second.

Rules:
1.) Don't go off-topic.
2.) Follow all rules on Pokebeach.
3.) Tell us what Pokemon you were using and what move it used.

On PO:

I had a few matches against people with triple battles and all Clefairys. One of the matches I used Imprison and watched them struggle to death, which was hilarious. Another one I used Explosion and cleared the field of all six Pokemon with one attack.

Togepi using Judgement and then Aeroblast.
I think there may have been a Sacred Fire and Spacial Rend in there somewhere.
Oh and in my SS Blaziken only run Whitney's Clefairy got all Bug moves.

Just now, on my Platinum Nuzlocke run my Togepi used Fissure on a wild Bidoof AND KILLED IT! Sux since it was the first one on that route and I need a Bibarel.

Metronome battles are the best, but how exactly does waggling a finger allow a Pokemon to use any move in the game?

TFO can talk about this, but I believe I vaguely remember a match he almost won vs Pride or gamercal or somebody with a metronome team.

I like Metronome battles better because it's not like "oh look its salamence and its going to use outrage". I know this is a bit exaggerated, but most of the time (on Random Matchup) people use the same Pokemon/movesets over and over again, and it gets kind of repetitive.

I've never really used metronome since most of the Pokemon that can learn it are pretty weak, however, my friend had a Mew in Platinum and got 1 or 2 OHKO moves on each E4 Member. This is true, I watched him destroy them.

Isn't that impossible? I know there are several moves which are impossible to get with metro, i.e. Metronome, Sketch, Chatter.

Once I was battling a Clefairy or something and it used Fire Fang. I was like: "WHAT?" because I wasn't really paying attention and then it used Metroname again and I was like: "Ohhhhhh."

EV Training in Pokemon Black with my Togepi. Fling. Lost my Power Weight. Yeeeaaaaaah.

Togepi in Gold
5HP
Last Pokemon
Metronome-Fire Blast
Destroys Victreebell
Win
Too young to understand what was going on.

Clefable in Red
Last Pokemon
Against Lance
Metronome-Thunder
Gyrados Survives
Kills me in one
Why god why?

Pokemon Black
- Clefable with Metronome
- It survives almost the whole game via protection moves, things like Draco Meteor, etc.
- It then ended up using Dark Void, twice.
- Everyone's attacks kept missing somehow
- I lost but it took until they woke up to even do anything.

I used to have a lv7 Togepi in Gold version that would call Aeroblast and Sky Attack on a regular basis. (It even called Sacred Fire at one point.)
I will miss that Togepi.

Buddy of mine loaned me his SoulSilver, cause I wanted to play a Gen 4 game. Anyway, I'm going through Morty's gym and Togepi is up against a Haunter. Haunter used Confuse Ray, and on that turn, I was using Extrasensory. Next turn, it used Mean Look, I snapped out of confusion, and Metronome used Memento.

Back