What does BROKEN mean to you?

Broken is like if a vase falls in it's in a million of pieces, same with a deck, if a deck or card is broken, its has so many parts and it shatters everything in his path :D:p

RE:  What does BROKEN mean to you?

cute-mew said:
Broken is like if a vase falls in it's in a million of pieces, same with a deck, if a deck or card is broken, its has so many parts and it shatters everything in his path :D:p
Oh, you mean like Tyranitar's Shatter? Good comparison;)

GODZILLA, you seem to see everything as a Tyranitar, I can't blame you, I have the same problem with mew
It had something to do with it, and it has some Divine combos, but I know a lot of other Pokémons who scatter decks, strategies... and Pokémon :D

GODZILLA said:
I wouldn't consider Mewtwo OHKO any Ppoemon is broken because 1. IT IS THE ULTIMATE POKEMON. And 2. It is a VERY hard to catch LEGENDARY.
Just like a Lugia that used four Calm Minds and has 20 Recovers combined with Leftovers
This is just me, but I don't see skill at catching having to do with anything regarding battling. I mean, anyone can catch Mewtwo. All they have to do is throw a Master Ball at it, and they have it. And anyone can raise a Mewtwo with a strong moveset. Mewtwo is banned in the Battle Tower and is banned in the Battle Frontier, along with the rest of the Tier I, II, and some of the Tier III legendaries.

I don't think Pokémon is about battling the strongest monsters that alone have an advantage over most everything else. It is demonstrating mastery in understanding how moves work, how different abilities and stats can be used together, developing a team of monsters to fight, and predicting your opponent's moves and actions. Using the Tier I and II legendaries throws these concepts out the window. A 12 year old, with a team of legendaries, with the right moves, could consistently win against an older player, say 16 or 17 years old, who has more experience with the game. Does this make the 12 year old a better player than the 16 or 17 year old? No, it demonstrates that the legendaries take little skill to use, and do not demonstrate true abilities.

I'm relating all of this to my own experiences. When I was into RBY and GSC, I used to make all-legendary teams, and I was given the mere illusion that I was better than everyone else because of it, which was not true, even though I won. I didn't understand how IV's worked, I didn't understand how many of the attacks worked, I just used simple knowledge of attack mechanics and type alignments, and that was good enough for me to win consistently against non-legendary teams. What I found is that nobody wanted to battle me because my monsters were too cheap and broken. It took me many years to grow out of this.

RE:    What does BROKEN mean to you?

GODZILLA said:
Veyatii said:
DocRobot_K-176 said:
Broken is the state of the game that represents the gray area between fair play and cheating.  If something is considered broken, it almost always has a negative connotation to it.  Take a look at Mewtwo in RBY.  It could learn Amnesia, making its special attack so high that it could OHKO anything in one hit.  Because it is so powerful, it gives the user an unfair advantage.  This is what it is to be considered "broken".

Depending on the severity of how broken something is, it can make the game less fun to play, or in the worst circumstances, completely unplayable whatsoever.

Oh yes...I remeber THAT well. THAT IS THE MEANING OF TRUE POWER!!!

GODZILLA: I guess they don't mean MEWTWO broken perhaps as in like SUPER POWER broken. Or mabye no one else there could play it as good as you...*wink*wink*wink*

I wouldn't consider Mewtwo OHKO any Ppoemon is broken because 1. IT IS THE ULTIMATE POKEMON. And 2. It is a VERY hard to catch LEGENDARY.
Just like a Lugia that used four Calm Minds and has 20 Recovers combined with Leftovers:p

Thanks Veyati..they've even asked me if they could read the card after the game(LBS players:D)!!!

dvd killer Wrote:

take a look at frlg ratacate it cant be affected by conditions and it can take 3 cards from the discard pile and then its attack can do 50 and each one caust 1 energy to attack then it has free retriete i think this card is quite broken to me

It's first attack is broken, but I agree with you.

Mewtwo was 510% broken in RBY. Simply because there only 1 SPECIAL stat. And there wasn't any Dark types either to negate Psychic. That along with the most powerful stats in that game made Mewtwo broken.

Mewtwo is no longer broken in the current R/S/E since that there is deeper movesets, more variety in attacks and more Pokemon that have stats to rival Mewtwo (hence Mewtwo is no the only Pokemon in T1).
Mewto is still one of the strongest Pokemon in the game.

Lugia cannot pull off 4 Calm Minds without gettin serio

RE:  What does BROKEN mean to you?

cute-mew said:
GODZILLA, you seem to see everything as a Tyranitar, I can't blame you, I have the same problem with mew
It had something to do with it, and it has some Divine combos, but I know a lot of other Pokémons who scatter decks, strategies... and Pokémon :D

I see everything as psyblazer and aquashock who arent realy real pokemon!

Back