Pokemon What is your favorite Pokémon TCG expansion and why?

Seismitoad537

Pokemon Master
What is your favorite set of all time? My favorites include: Expedition, Skyridge, Neo Destiny, and Boundaries Crossed.

RE: What is your favorite Pokemon TCG expansion? And, why?

Dark Explorers, my first box and good cards. If not that it would be Dragon's Exalted, I love the art from those cards.

Ice said:
Dark Explorers, my first box and good cards. If not that it would be Dragon's Exalted, I love the art from those cards.

Same, Dark Explorers, too, was my first box, great pulls, and awesome art.
Second would be either ex Delta Species or Holon Phantoms.
Close second would be Dragons Exalted. My second box, even better pulls, introduced Dragon cards which is my favorite type (next to Dark).

Skyridge, Firered Leafgreen, Dragon Frontiers, and Triumphant.

Seismitoad537 said:
What is your favorite set of all time? My favorites include: Expedition, Skyridge, Neo Destiny, and Boundaries Crossed.
I'd say DP base and the first three expansions, especially secret wonders and mysterious treasures. Beautiful cards and nostalgia are mostly to blame.

EX Deoxys, simply because it has Latias Star in it, and I'm a HUGE Latias fan.

I really liked Majestic Dawn because it had Leafeon LV X and Glaceon LV X. All the holos in that set were also nice.

Other sets I liked were Skyridge and EX Firered and Leafgreen. Oh, and Supreme Victors and Rising Rivals were good as well.

Just random sets I love in no particular order.

Dark explorers, because of amazing trainers.

Plasma blast because the cards look grand. (Dat salamence) And I think any rare would be cool.

Delta species because of metagross GS.

EX crystal guardians, i dunno why, i just love it

I always liked EX Dragon Frontiers, and any other sets that had delta species Pokemon. Also EX Team Rocket Returns (this is my favourite gen :p) and the crystal-type Pokemon sets. Rising Rivals and Supreme Victors are nice too because I have quite a few cards from there.

Next Destinies, Noble Victories, Stormfront, Plasma Freeze, and Base Set are my top 5

WotC Sets:
1. Base Set
2. Gym Heroes & Challenge
3. Neo Discovery

Nintendo Sets for each series:

EX - EX Dragon Frontiers
DPt - Pt Supreme Victors for great pulls
HGSS - HS Unleashed for great pulls
BW - BW Plasma Blast

Also the second and fourth sets for each Nintendo-released set (except emerging powers)

Platinum: Rising Rivals

Mainly because all those Pikachu's and Rotoms, I even got all Pikachu at 1 prerealese (2 Normal, 1 Surfing and 1 Flying out of 6 packs)

3. Neo Revelation - Shinies :D
2. EX Sandstorm - It has the coolest exs
1. Neo Destiny - MOAR SHINES!

:D

All the expansions in the EX series are magnificent. EX Power Keepers, Dragon Frontiers, Crystal Guardians, Holon Phantoms, Delta Species and Unseen Forces <3

The first DP expansion was good, and was a shock to many for how much more powerful the cards were. I was outraged by the power creep to BW however.

Gotta be Neo Discovery, my first and only complete set.
Plus, the art is great, and the white star Dark Raichu misprint thing makes it even cooler!

My number one is almost certainly Neo Revelation, for the original and best legendary dog holos, plus my favorite Celebi card (the holo Psychic one), and the introduction of "Shining" pokemon with Shining Gyarados and Shining Magikarp. Just incredible artwork in that set, all around.

Also, the original Team Rocket is a classic, as well as EX Team Rocket Returns and EX Firered Leafgreen, both of them for bringing back the classic characters. Neo Destiny is pretty cool, though a tad overrated I think, and the Gym Leaders sets were pretty neat, if a bit niche. Also, gotta mention good-old original Base Set.

Everything, I just love collecting and battling with Pokemon Cards!

In terms of sets for like, WoTC I really loved the Team Rocket and Johto sets. They brought such wonderful art with them.

In terms of new sets, I enjoyed Dark Explorers because it introduced a lot of neat cards, and Legendary Treasures is perhaps one of my top favorites. Offering so many great cards, and so many alternate art cards that have a well deserved place instead of 3D models on cards.

Stormfront too much. I can't even explain how many playable cards came out of this set. Not only did it make 3 decks, gyarados, gengar, and machamp but countless trainers.

Back