What's the deal with the Pokemon Catcher trainer card from EP?

kfitch06

You want a piece of me?
I hear everyone talking about it...I have like 7 of them. They're just uncommon. Can someone clue me in?

Nothing special, give those to me.

Pokemon Catcher is an amazing card for competitive play. The ability to switch your opponent active is great in this format, because you can kill things before they get built up. If you play competitively, hold on to those, they aren't really great for people who collect though.

Yeah, I don't really play. Just collect. I have heard that although they're uncommon, they're still "rare"...something like a few per booster box. Am I right?

Yeah, the uncommon ratio in Emerging Powers is really weird, I have heard 2-3 per booster box, last I checked on Ebay, they are selling for about 12$ a piece.

Good grief! Well I've got a few months on here before I can, but I'll be happy to sell mine away cheap. Or I guess I could trade them.

If I where you I would trade them now. They're at their highest value because EP JUST came out and there are little in circulation. Once people start opening more and more packs I believe the value will drop :( but kudos to you for having that many lol

kfitch06 said:
Yeah, I don't really play. Just collect. I have heard that although they're uncommon, they're still "rare"...something like a few per booster box. Am I right?

Apparently, they're going for $10 a piece, and $25 if reverse holo. *I'll take them if they're for trade.

Vulpix Yolk said:
Nothing special, give those to me.

Pokemon Catcher is an amazing card for competitive play. The ability to switch your opponent active is great in this format, because you can kill things before they get built up. If you play competitively, hold on to those, they aren't really great for people who collect though.

Not just for competitive play, for unlimited play, too. When you play a Pokemon Catcher, you're essentially getting a free prize card.

Wouldn't most people in unlimited just play Gust of Wind since it does the same thing and is cheaper? Also, anyone good playing unlimited would just play a Donk deck anyways, unlimited is more of a concept, not an actual thing people play.

Vulpix Yolk said:
Wouldn't most people in unlimited just play Gust of Wind since it does the same thing and is cheaper? Also, anyone good playing unlimited would just play a Donk deck anyways, unlimited is more of a concept, not an actual thing people play.
This.

Catcher are hard to find uncommons. There are bout 3 per box, and everyone wants them, so they are worth a lot. If you wan tto trade them, I'd trade now.

Vulpix Yolk said:

umm... im pretty sure u can use both in the same deck. so 4 gust of winds and 4 catcher... I think..

Yeah, but it would be ridiculous overkill, especially because you could just play Item Finder in unlimited.

Item Finder AND Junk Arm.

But back on topic, is Catcher really harder to find than other Uncommons? There are 31 Uncommons in EP, and 108 spots for Uncommons beside RHs, so it would make sense that you would only get about 3 on average per box.

Or is there something I'm missing?

I think people are just saying Catcher is more "rare" than a typical uncommon because it's so sought after and so many want to use it. I got more Catchers in my box (three) than Bianca, Cheren and Krokorok uncommons (two each) and the latter three aren't particularly special. It's all random chance; some people might get one, others might get five.

I guess

glaceon said:
Catcher are hard to find uncommons. There are bout 3 per box, and everyone wants them, so they are worth a lot.

made me assume he was saying that they're rarer than other Uncommons. But I do agree that it is harder to find because it's sought-after and extremely playable.

As people already said, Catcher is the new Gust of Wind and you can just bring any pokémon from your opponent's bench... yeah, it's only valuable if you play competitively...

glaceon said:
This.

Catcher are hard to find uncommons. There are bout 3 per box, and everyone wants them, so they are worth a lot. If you wan tto trade them, I'd trade now.

...Well ya don't say... :rolleyes:

I recently bought a box of Emerging Powers last weekend and pulled 4-5 Catchers, 2 Full Art Thundurus, and 2-3 Normal Tornadus. Haven't traded them yet but I know I'm keeping the Catcher's though.

Back