When is it aproximately going to happen a format change?

Sparkz

Aspiring Trainer
Can someone predict this in a +- precise way? How often does it happen?

And will it be BW-on? (probably I guess...)

Format changes normally happen right after TCG Worlds, though there have been a number of exceptions to this case.

As to what the format will be, there's absolutely no guarantee.

If there is a format change, it think its most likely it will be BW-on, however, with such a low pool of cards, the may not change the format after Workds this year.

Worlds are in August. So, the format will most likely change August 2012.

Oh, so I guess that it will take a long time then. I think it's still worth it to make a reshiphlosion deck then xD

Yeah, the format change if so will happen around August but I dont think we will have one this time around

There probably will be one. I don't know why they would skip it.

I'm guessing it will be BW-on, seeing as BW was the revival of Base, but there's no definite answer to what it will be.

thefleeee said:
Yeah, the format change if so will happen around August but I don't think we will have one this time around

Hm? Let me get this straight, you're saying that you think that we'll not get a format change this time? Why is that?

Because there is a low card pool. That's why there is maybe a chance at no rotation.

The thing is, they did it before, they could do it again. And they also did it for DP-on for a long time. I think they probably will.

The same reason why when it was DP on there was no format change for one year. The thing is, Pokemon may want to use BW as a remake of base set and start to blend the current speed and high damage with the stratagy that was in the orginal game.

glaceon said:
The thing is, they did it before, they could do it again. And they also did it for DP-on for a long time. I think they probably will.

After skipping the rotation, they also said they wouldn't do it again, so...

FireMeowth said:
After skipping the rotation, they also said they wouldn't do it again, so...

When and where did they say this?

I'm guessing that there will indeed be a rotation, but not to the extreme of getting rid of all HGSS sets and COL. That would a terrible move, just when these cards are finally seeing some play.

If anything, they would rotate 1-3 HGSS sets, having an Undaunted~ or Triumphant~ format, which would still leave a decent card pool, and some nice competitive primes and T/S in the game for deckbuilding.

I believe it was in one of the articles on Pokémon.com, describing the lack of rotation. It went something along the lines of "Please note that this will not happen again and rotation will resume next year", if I remember correctly.

I tried searching for it, but I suppose it's too old now, so it's no longer on the site. Oh well. :I

Back