Ruling Who Is Better

For me it's Feraligatr ex because it blocks pokemon from using their poke-power or poke-body (excluding pokemon ex) and you can do a t2 70 using boost energy .

Hiyas.

IMO, it's very hard to tell which is the best.

In the current metagame, Politoad ex doesn't really have a weakness (not much grass played apart from the occasional Meganium) whereas Feraligatr ex has to deal with ZRE, MetaNite, Lanturns and Dark Amphy, and possibly Dark Electrode or Jolteon (although Dark Electrode/MetaNites power doesnt work, so it's not too harmful)

Furthermore, Politoad ex is able to do a massive 120 Damage staight off (if you have more hp than the opponent), whilst Feral ex can only do 70 unless the opponent's active is already damaged; however, Feral ex's move is slightly easier to get up, and it's very possible that your opponents bench are damaged.

They can also both hit the bench. Politoad ex can hit anyone for 30 or 50 if it's a stage 2, whereas Feral ex can hit all of your opponent's bench for 10, whilst hitting your opponent's active for 30. I personally prefer Feral ex's attack.

They both have non-ex counterparts, although there are no politoads, there are poliwraths. IMO Politoad ex gets an advantage here because Poliwrath from UF offers a type difference and a weakness difference, whereas Feraligatr has the same weakness and type as Feral ex. (although that didn't stop Blaze/Bex from becoming popular did it ;) )

Their pre-evos are similar in strength. Croconaw's 80 hp to Poliwhirl's 70 hp is probably the biggest advantage one has over the other. Croconaw does have a move that cancels resistance, and it can do slightly more damage but you wont be expected to attack much with either, so it probably doesnt matter.

Lastly, and probably the biggest difference between the two, is that Feraligatr has a power that can cause a lot of disruption, whereas Politoad ex is more of a power-hitter and doesnt have a power. I think your opinion on which is better would depend on your metagame, and whether you like the disruption as opposed to the big hitting.

IMO, Politoad ex is better, but only just, because I can switch between Politoad ex and Poliwrath, I'm not in deep trouble when I come up to a weakness. Feral ex is a very good card too though, and can beat a lot of things as long as it isnt weak; however I think it'd be harder to counter the lightning weakness it has, which could be a big problem.

In saying this though, they are both decent cards. Maybe not tip top tier decks, but decent; picking either one would be okay.

I'm not quite sure how they'd compare if you were going to make a deck with just Politoad ex, or just Feralitgatr ex.

~Secretsmeargle

Back