Help Wigglytuff Deck: Expanded

vyolet127

Aspiring Trainer
Hey all! So I’m still wholeheartedly in love with Wigglytuff! At the beginning of the SuMo season, I said, “if Wigglytuff GX exists, it will be my main deck without a doubt!” And then she came! Pokémon did it and they granted my dream! But alas! She turned out to be unplayable garbage.

I play expanded primarily. My main Wigglytuff deck is NDx with round, and sky field with Twin and DCE, with Tympole and Whismur just to bring her damage to like 140-160 sometimes. It works ok, with bicycle and trainer mail to draw.

I want a Wigglytuff deck. I don’t know what Wigglytuff is the best in expanded; I know they’re all bad but I swear I need a Wigglytuff deck! Some ideas that I’ve either considered or tried are...

- Wigglytuff DaB, with Fliptini and Will to stack my flips. Was generally unreliable because I always got two tails.
- Wigglytuff LoT: with Fairy charms, Magearna and Tapu Lele. Was unreliable as it required too many energy attachments.
- Wigglytuff NDx: Is the current pick. Generally weak but very reliable.

I’ve considered Wigglytuff gx. I want to do it, but how can I make something so garbage at least playable? I am considering ADP Wigglytuff, so that the few prizes I do take are augmented, and damage is increased to base 130 which is actually pretty good!

anyways, if any of you guys have an idea or suggestion for a Wigglytuff deck, please let me know! Remember, Expanded format! Hope to hear!

Hmm, there are some interesting Wigglytuff in the game. The ones I'd focus on are Wigglytuff XY 89 and Wigglytuff XY 90. Of these two, the second option is probably a safer bet. It's damage output can stack pretty quickly, and the nature of it's attack condition means that the list could be built similar to a Whimsicott/Porygon-Z deck, which is a decent archetype. While the output isn't that strong, it's better than many of the other options, and the damage can be increased massive amounts with the help of Triple Acceleration Energy, Double Colorless Energy, Twin Energy, and Counter Energy. The deck is also made stronger by the presence of Fairy Charms which can improve some difficult matchups. If you go down the Wigglytuff XY 89 route, use a disruptive build with some way to Item-lock your opponent to prevent them from switching their Active Pokemon, making it a relatively effective lock.

Back