BW/BW2 Will Isshu feature the normal 8 Gyms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pvt.Politoed

Happy P'toed
I've heard rumor there might be a new "revolutionary" plot in gen 5, not based on collecting the 8 gym badges.

Some ideas of I've heard of the new plot are 'Treasure Hunting', etc.

The map showed in the Corocoro leak on the 11th showed a map of the region, which doesnt appear to have as many or as large cities as the past gens, maybe hinting there wont be 8 gyms.

CoroCoro_June_4.jpg

Discuss?

Hey everyone. First of all I just wanted to say that I am a long-time user of Pokebeach, but I am just now creating an account. Haha

Anyway, as far as the rumors of the abscence of gyms in Black & White go, I honestly think they will still be there. I think it would be really odd for them to take out the main element of these traditional Pokemon games. Taking out the gyms would be a very dumb move on my part.

Yeah, there's that rumor but I hope it isn't true cuz it just wouldn't feel like a real Pokémon game...
I mean, I really don't like Pokémon ranger games for example, but at least they're just spin-off games...

Stephen said:
Hey everyone. First of all I just wanted to say that I am a long-time user of Pokebeach, but I am just now creating an account. Haha

Anyway, as far as the rumors of the abscence of gyms in Black & White go, I honestly think they will still be there. I think it would be really odd for them to take out the main element of these traditional Pokemon games. Taking out the gyms would be a very dumb move on my part.

Yeah, it'd be really awkward to just... drop the gyms. Still, I wonder where all the cities are on that map? There aren't very many...

Metalizard said:
Yeah, there's that rumor but I hope it isn't true cuz it just wouldn't feel like a real Pokémon game...
I mean, I really don't like Pokémon ranger games for example, but at least they're just spin-off games...

Yeah, that'd be kind of awful. Pokemon Ranger was kind of... empty. You couldn't keep the pokemon as well, so it kind of killed the reasons that pokemon is succesful.

eww..if there isn't any gyms in the new games then I will definitely not buy them (well i say that)....so if there are 8 gyms (there better be :D ) well here are my ideas!

Gym 1- Dark Type
Gym 2- Electric Type
Gym 3- Fire Type
Gym 4- Steel Type
Gym 5- Bug Type
Gym 6- Grass Type
Gym 7- Poison Type
Gym 8- Ground Type

yeah i hope they dont take out the gyms, but if they have a better plot, im open to it

and about there not being a lot of cities, there could be a couple covered up by the writing on the right, and i see something near the top right ;)

I also heard there won't be any gyms in Black & White.
If there is, that's fine. And if there isn't, I hope Game Freak has a good idea of what the plot should be about. The plot probably will be about the whole yin and yang thing, but who knows...

PokemonFreak44 said:
eww..if there isn't any gyms in the new games then I will definitely not buy them (well i say that)....so if there are 8 gyms (there better be :D ) well here are my ideas!

Gym 1- Dark Type
Gym 2- Electric Type
Gym 3- Fire Type
Gym 4- Steel Type
Gym 5- Bug Type
Gym 6- Grass Type
Gym 7- Poison Type
Gym 8- Ground Type

Hmm yeah, It'd be nice for Bug and Dark to get on the gym scene D: they haven't gotten any love.

Well if you count the possiblity of a town in the desert I see at least 6. That may just be me though.

garrettb1 said:
yeah i hope they don't take out the gyms, but if they have a better plot, im open to it

and about there not being a lot of cities, there could be a couple covered up by the writing on the right, and i see something near the top right ;)

Yup! I wonder if that map doesn't show the whole region? its a mystery...

ManhattanTheStarr said:
I also heard there won't be any gyms in Black & White.
If there is, that's fine. And if there isn't, I hope Game Freak has a good idea of what the plot should be about. The plot probably will be about the whole yin and yang thing, but who knows...

Yeah. It would be sweet if Game Freak came up with a really cool new idea based around yin and yang. As long as they dont flop.

Stephen said:
Well if you count the possiblity of a town in the desert I see at least 6. That may just be me though.

Yeah. But theres a lot of strangely shaped buildings and such around, its hard to tell whats officially a "town" and whats a mansion, park, etc...

I see quite a few different areas that could be towns, but like Pvt.Politoed said it's kinda far out to see what exactly is a town or if it's just a mansion or something.

Curved said:
I see quite a few different areas that could be towns, but like Pvt.Politoed said it's kinda far out to see what exactly is a town or if it's just a mansion or something.

I almost think it would be nice to cut down on the amount of towns there are. In all past games, there has been at least one or two towns that I NEVER see the need to visit again, throughout the entire storyline, simply because they don't have anything I need in them.

Pvt.Politoed said:
I almost think it would be nice to cut down on the amount of towns there are. In all past games, there has been at least one or two towns that I NEVER see the need to visit again, throughout the entire storyline, simply because they don't have anything I need in them.

Yeah I know what you mean. I kind of like having a good amount towns though since it adds character, or something like that haha. I know in DPPt I felt Celestic town wasn't really needed. I know it had the whole myth story there, but I mean that was kind of a really random place for a town and it wasn't a habitat for a special species of pokemon.

Curved said:
Yeah I know what you mean. I kind of like having a good amount towns though since it adds character, or something like that haha. I know in DPPt I felt Celestic town wasn't really needed. I know it had the whole myth story there, but I mean that was kind of a really random place for a town and it wasn't a habitat for a special species of pokemon.

Yeah, there should certainly be enough towns to define the character of the region. But yeah, Floaroma and Celestic Town were kind of... well, not necessary.
It almost looks like, on that corocoro scan map, that there's only two big cities.

the map cant say much i at the bottom right of the region i see the starting town and u can spot a lot of other things

Pvt.Politoed said:
Yeah, there should certainly be enough towns to define the character of the region. But yeah, Floaroma and Celestic Town were kind of... well, not necessary.
It almost looks like, on that corocoro scan map, that there's only two big cities.

If I remember right though when Sinnoh was revealed it didn't look like it had too many big cities besides Jubilife. Veilstone, Hearthome, and Sunyshore weren't that bad. I'm sure some towns will be bigger then what they appear on that map. I hope so atleast!

I have no doubt there will be eight Gyms. Even if the focus is off getting all the badges, it would not be hard to have the player collect them in order to progress, unlock a certain event or side quest, or anything, really.

Eh, I personally enjoyed PMD1 and 2 1000x more than the main series games, mainly because of the wonderful stories (particularly PMD2; that degree of epicness is hard to beat ;D). And since story is one of the main reasons I enjoy playing video games, I'd love for them to think up something different. Even if the gyms are still there, they can just be sidequest-like challenges neccessary at different points, as in Pokemon Shroob :eek:

PMJ said:
I have no doubt there will be eight Gyms. Even if the focus is off getting all the badges, it would not be hard to have the player collect them in order to progress, unlock a certain event or side quest, or anything, really.

Good to know you're confident about that! Makes me feel a little safer about these games ^^

Claus said:
Eh, I personally enjoyed PMD1 and 2 1000x more than the main series games, mainly because of the wonderful stories (particularly PMD2; that degree of epicness is hard to beat ;D). And since story is one of the main reasons I enjoy playing video games, I'd love for them to think up something different. Even if the gyms are still there, they can just be sidequest-like challenges neccessary at different points, as in Pokemon Shroob :eek:

YES. PMD1+2 were amazing, and still very POKEMON, but in a different way than the main series. Maybe they will combine the heart-string plucking storylines of PMD with Gen 5...
One can always hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back